Guildford, UK. – December 21, 2011 – Electronic Arts Inc. today announced that tennis stars John McEnroe, Novak Djokovic and Maria Sharapova will grace the global cover of EA SPORTS™ Grand Slam® Tennis 2 , available in stores worldwide* by February 10, 2012, and in North America on February 14, 2012. McEnroe, one of the sport’s most recognizable figures, is exclusive to the EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise. Djokovic and Sharapova hold seven Grand Slam®tournament singles titles between them, and Djokovic currently holds the ATP Tour number one ranking. Alongside the global talent is a roster of elite past and present players from around the world that will adorn regional packaging.
|John McEnroe, Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova
|Jo-Wilfred Tsonga, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal
|Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova
|Roger Federer, Boris Becker, Maria Sharapova
The title will be available for the first time in HD, on the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, including support of the PlayStation® Move controller. Players can experience the authentic thrill of serving up aces on Wimbledon’s prestigious Centre Court, hitting cross-court winners on the clay courts of the French Open, play under the bright lights at the U.S. Open or work on their serve and volley game at the Australian Open.
EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2 will include a host of gameplay features including:
· All-New Total Racquet Control: Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power.
· Become a Champion: Become a true Grand Slam® tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession – including Wimbledon (exclusive to the EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis franchise).
· PlayStation Move Support: The motion control experience gets you on your feet and puts a racquet right in the palm of your hands.
· Legends of Now and Then: Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams.
· Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviors of the sport’s greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on hard court, clay or grass.
· ESPN Grand Slam® Tournament Classics: Relive some of the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg versus McEnroe, to Nadal versus Federer, play your way through history unlocking up to 25 amazing moments of Grand Slam® tournaments.
For more information about EA SPORTS Grand Slam® Tennis 2, visit www.easports.com/grandslamtennis2.
EA SPORTS™ is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA JAM basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf , and EA SPORTS Active. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.comto connect, share and compete.
For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game communities, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
*Product will ship in Japan later in 2012
**Does not include France, Spain or Germany
Keith Hennessey - UK Publicist
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company’s game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 100 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal 2011, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.6 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster franchises such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield, and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at http://info.ea.com.
EA SPORTS, EA SPORTS Active, The Sims and Need for Speed are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Mass Effect is a trademark of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. GRAND SLAM is a registered Trademark owned by Grand Slam Tennis Properties, Ltd and used under licence by EA. John Madden, NFL, NHL, NBA, NCAA, Tiger Woods, PGA TOUR and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. “PlayStation” and the “PSP” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Xbox and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.