13 th November 2010– Lichfield, Staffs, United Kingdom
Elite Systems, the long established UK based developer and electronic publisher of games for portable, mobile and other devices has released“ZX Spectrum: Elite Collection HD™ (Vol. #1)”– a collection of hit games for the 80’s home computer - for iPad and has declared ZX Spectrum games are worth£1K+ (US$1.5K+) each.
Available on the iTunes App Store from Sunday 14 th November 2010, initially the App contains 12 games, including:
- Turbo Esprit #3 on top 100 best games, voted for by visitors to World of Spectrum
- Saboteur #10 on top 100 best games
- Chuckie Egg the classic, developed by Nigel Alderton
- Harrier Attack inspired by the conflict in the South Atlantic
- Frank Bruno’s Boxing the UK #1 Best-Seller
- Buggy Boy the arcade original driving game
Speaking about the App, Elite® MD Steve Wilcox said,“The media and consumer reaction to the announcement, in late September, of Apple’s approval of ZX Spectrum: Elite Collection (for iPhone / iPod Touch) has been extensive and enthusiastic. The six games included in the inaugural volume have each generated a revenue significantly in excess£1K+ (US$1.5K+).”
Wilcox continued,“We’ve taken the first steps toward our goal of restoring some order to the market for ZX Spectrum games. Some developers have a catalogue of in excess of 100 ZX Spectrum games; a not insignificant asset and the launch of the HD App for iPad is our next step in enabling developers to players to benefit. Our concerns continue to be to ensure that both groups understand that Vol. #1 of the HD App is a work-in-progress and that we’re committed to developing the App over the weeks and months ahead. Our commitments include:
- the HD App will initially be priced at£2.99 (Euro3.99, US$4.99), since initially download numbers are anticipated to be modest
- a free update, within a month, including an in-App‘shop’ and at least 4 more volumes (#3 through to #6 - priced at£1.19/€1.59/US$1.99 per volume), each containing 6 ZX Spectrum games, bringing the total available (including those available as an in-app purchase) to 36.
The App is available for download, from here: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/zx-spectrum-elite-collection-hd/id401767708?mt=8
Steve Wilcox, Elite®
About Elite®: Elite Systems Ltd was incorporated in England in 1984 and is one of Europe’s most long established developers and publishers of entertainment software. Elite® has a catalogue of more than 50 games for the ZX Spectrum, including more than half a dozen UK and European #1 chart successes. Terms for access to another 200+ games have been reached.