Monday, 24 November 2008
Battlefront.com and Atomicboy Software are thrilled to announce that their upcoming turn-based strategy game for global domination– Empires of Steel– has officially turned "beta".
Atomicboy Software have released four new screenshots from the game, showing for the first time the use of nuclear weapons, the in-game internet chat interface as well as an overview of some of the units and technology players can research and use throughout the game.
Battlefront is also officially looking for beta tester volunteers to help with the final stage of development! If you’re interested to join, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org You need to fulfill the following requirements in order to be eligible for a beta tester spot:
1. Previous experience with beta testing. You need to have been on at least one beta test team before.
2. Knowledge of turn-based strategy games. You need to be an avid strategy gamer and enjoy this type of game.
3. Access to hardware. Ideally you’ll have at least two PCs at your disposal with different configurations, operating systems and hardware etc.
4. Time. You need to be available from now on through the end of Quarter 1, 2009 without major breaks, and willing and able to dedicate a couple of hours daily to testing.
5. Online play. You need to be able and willing to participate in multiplayer sessions. EoS is heavily multiplayer with built-in matchmaking, chat and play functions that need to be tested extensively, so you’ll be spending a lot of time online playing against fellow beta testers.
Please understand that while we review ALL applications, only a very selected few will be able to join the team. If you’re not selected into the first group, you’ll have a chance to be eligible for the second, bigger group, launching in January.