For Immediate Release:
Hertfordshire, UK- May 15th, 2009 - KOEI today announced that the European release of DYNASTY WARRIORS® 6: EMPIRES for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system will be on JUNE 26, 2009.
Set in the best-selling world of Dynasty Warriors, this is no straight forward brawl. For the first time ever in a Warriors game you get the opportunity to play as either a ruler or an officer. You can choose to be the all powerful decision maker who combines politics and tactics to achieve the ultimate goal or the warrior who carries out those orders and turns strategic planning into battlefield glory.
About DYNASTY WARRIORS 6 EMPIRES
What you thought you knew about Dynasty Warriors, you do not know. Brawn alone is not enough to conquer ancient China this time. Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires requires strength of mind as well as strength of muscle.
• Play as a ruler or as an officer in two distinctly different roles. Reign over vast armies to crush your foes or go freelance and work your way through the ranks to become a trusted military officer!
• Military cunning or military might– how will you unite ancient China?
• Create your own unique character in edit mode.
• Explore each level to discover strategic advantages and use new surprise attacks to catch your enemies unaware.
• One new character that didn’t appear in Dynasty Warriors 6 and six more characters have new weapons and new move sets.
• Brand new stages and levels that present new challenges to overcome. Including the return of the Nanman Kingdom.
A collection of incredibly influential cards can also be acquired throughout the game. These provide you with a vast array of options to improve the state of your people or force your followers to do your bidding and put your plans into action. By cleverly using these cards to boost your position of power you get to engage in diplomacy to make your strategic plans a reality and affect government policies to boost your popularity with your people.
Levels have also been designed to encourage exploration in order to discover numerous ways to gain an advantage over your enemies. Players can now, climb and jump up previously inaccessible areas such as cliffs. This presents the opportunity to take alternative routes towards the enemy and catch them by surprise with a sneak attack towards their less guarded flanks.
Match your your brawn with your brain, and become the ultimate Dynasty Warrior.
About Koei Ltd.
KOEI Ltd. is a subsidiary of Japanese company KOEI Co., Ltd. and has had offices in Hertfordshire, UK since 2003. KOEI maintains operations in Japan, the US, UK, Canada, China, Korea, France, Taiwan, Singapore, and Lithuania. KOEI employs over 900 people worldwide with sales exceeding $250 million. The company constantly seeks to achieve a fine balance between entertainment, technology, art and education and provides games that will mesmerize gamers globally. The Warriors series of games have generated a combined 18 million units in global sales.
For more information:
Phone: 0044 (0)1462 476130