Worms/Bracknell/Baltimore, 19th February 2010
Kalypso Media today announced that the space combat/adventure title DarkStar One: Broken Alliance is coming to Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. DarkStar One: Broken Alliance is currently in development by Kalypso Media’s own studio Gaming Minds and is scheduled for a summer 2010 release.
DarkStar One: Broken Alliance sees players exploring the vast reaches of space, encountering, battling and trading with six mysterious alien races in a quest to unravel the mysterious death of the protagonist’s father. Players can create their own career paths– be it brigand, mercenary, privateer, merchant or whatever mix they please, while buying (or capturing) alien technology to customise their highly adaptable ship, the DarkStar One, with hundreds of possible combinations of weapons, shields, armour and components.
DarkStar One: Broken Alliance combines fast and furious in-the-cockpit starship combat with a deep storyline involving love, family, betrayal and mysterious alien races. Play as Kayron Jarvis, a young and ambitious space faring adventurer as he attempts to unravel a family mystery, braving the depths of space, encounters mysterious aliens and blasts his enemies to dust in his uniquely customisable ship– the DarkStar One.
• An open-ended storyline that allows players to choose their path to fortune and glory - play as a privateer, mercenary, smuggler, trader or any combination of these– tweaking your ship's capabilities and tactics to best suit your style of play.
• Fully customise your ship with weapons, engines, shields and over 200 distinct components. Purchase the parts you need, or capture them from enemy ships. Turn the DarkStar One into a heavily armed freighter, fast attack boat, cruiser or whatever you like, all based on a massive variety of customisation options.
• Explore a universe comprised of more than 330 solar systems populated by six distinct alien races, each with their own technology, architecture and space combat tactics. Befriend aliens and trade with them for new equipment, or gun them down and take their technology– the choice is yours.
• A stunning full 1080p HD-powered 3D graphics engine, an intuitive user interface, more than 40 minutes of cut scene storytelling, and over 90 minutes of Dolby® 5.1 channel surround sound music immerse the player in thrilling space combat and unpredictable encounters with alien races and exotic worlds.
• An innovative hybrid gameplay style effortlessly moves the player between story-driven adventure gaming and fierce space battles in full 3D, while a richly developed trading and customisation system seamlessly links the two modes of play.
DarkStar One: Broken Alliance will be available for Xbox 360 and scheduled for a summer 2010 (RRP£44.99) For further information please visit www.kalypsomedia.com
For more information please contact
Head of PR, Kalypso Media
T: +44 (0) 1344 382 148
About Kalypso Media
Specialising in the publishing of interactive media– primarily computer games - Kalypso Media was founded in summer 2006 by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek. A year later, the sister company Kalypso Media UK Ltd. was opened in England and is now led by Andrew Johnson and Charlie Barrett, two experienced members of the Kalypso Media Group management team. In 2009 Kalypso Media Inc. was established in the USA headed up by Deborah Tillett. Kalypso Media also own two development studios, Realmforge Studios GmbH and Gaming Minds Studios GmbH both of which are located in Germany.
For further information see www.kalypsomedia.com
Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.