For Immediate Release
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Dec. 18, 2008 - Hothead Games today proudly announced that its well-received Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Two is now available for download on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system in North America. Offered via the PlayStation®Network, this version of Episode Two features PLAYSTATION 3 system features such as trophies, score ranking and background music (BGM) support and sells at $14.99 USD.
The madcap Penny Arcade experience continues in Episode Two of the RPG-adventure game series! Players can jump right in with a fresh character and new customization options or carry over their look and stats from Episode One. Plus, there are more puzzles, areas to explore, levels to gain and new difficulty settings to make the journey more insane than ever before. Rejoin Gabe and Tycho to go crazy with a whole new episode, moving ever closer to solving the mystery in the heart of New Arcadia.
• The madcap Penny Arcade experience continues. Meet all-new characters and see newly revealed strip favorites from Mike Krahulik, while reading laugh-out-loud dialogue from Jerry Holkins.
• Pick up and play from any episode. Enjoy each self-contained story without having to play previous installments.
• Get value for your gaming dollar. Play the entire episode in 6-10 hours for under $15, getting tremendous value that fits into your busy schedule.
• Save what matters most. Carry over you character's stats and look from prior episodes.
• Go crazy with a whole new level of customization. Check out even more options for you to design and develop your own character, seeing it come to life in 3D and in the comic-style 2D cut scenes.
• Play it safe or go insane! New difficulty settings put you in charge of the action.
• A deeper RPG-Adventure experience. Get into the game with more puzzles, areas to explore and levels to gain.
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Two has been rated "M" for Mature by the Entertainment Software Rating Board for all platforms.
"PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION" and "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. The PLAYSTATION Network Logo is a service mark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
About Hothead Games: Hothead Games is an independent game developer and publisher based in Vancouver, Canada. The company is committed to creating top quality games for the experienced gamer. Hothead is best known for its RPG-adventure game series, On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, based on the widely popular Penny Arcade online comic strip. Hothead self-publishes its titles with a focus on offering accessible game play and episodic content through digital distribution. Visit www.hotheadgames.com for more information.
Contact: Carolyn Carnes
Flash Fire Communications