FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEATTLE, Washington, April 17, 2008 - While the newly announced full schedule for the 2008 ION Game Conference has impressed with its depth of speaker experience and diversity of topics, conference organizer Evergreen Events has added further value for attendees by supercharging the schedule with additional speakers and sessions. The 2008 ION Game Conference, a high-level game industry event focused exclusively on the business and development of online games, will take place in Seattle, Washington from May 13-15 at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront Hotel.
Recent speaker additions to the 2008 ION Game Conference schedule:
• Joe Ludwig, Director of Development at Flying Lab Software discusses and dissects the positives and negatives experienced in the development of Flying Lab's pirate-themed MMORPG in the Pirates of the Burning Sea: A Postpartum lecture.
• Min Kim, Director of Game Operations at Nexon America, joins the panel Creating a Global Marketplace for MMOGs: Can East and West Really Play Together?, which is covering the critical topic of cross-cultural adaption of online games to create a global gaming development and consumer culture.
• Dave Elchoness, Executive Director of the Association of Virtual Worlds leads a blue ribbon panel in the Redefining Virtual Worlds for Mass Market Consumption session that delves into the fundamental identity of, and future for, virtual worlds.
• Wanda Meloni, President&Senior Technology Analyst with DFC Intelligence, moderates an experienced panel that examines the future trends of online game development on console platforms in the Console 2.0 - Taking Console Games Online session.
• Dillon Seo, Global Business Manager with Korea Game Industry Agency (KOGIA) shares his unique insight from within one of the world's hottest markets for online games, Korea, at his lecture, Korea Online Game Industry - Where is it Heading?
These participants are part of a group of over one hundred experienced, knowledgeable speakers engaged in almost seventy sessions at the 2008 ION Game Conference. The complete agenda with all speakers and sessions can be found here: http://www.ionconference.com/agenda.php.
Less than a month remains before the excitement of 2008 ION Game Conference officially commences. Just over one week remains to register online at the discounted rate of $695 for one of the year's most influential and forward-thinking conference experiences within the game industry. After April 28, the registration rate rises $300 to the late registration rate of $995. An attendee pass at the 2008ION Game Conference permits access to all keynotes, the expo floor, all sessions and panels, as well as conference parties. Evergreen Events has sold out the room block at the special discounted rate for attendees at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront Hotel, the official conference venue and hotel. However additional rooms at the discounted rate have been made available until the end of the week; this exclusive rate expires tomorrow, on Friday, April 18th.
The ION Game Conference is an annual game industry event designed for an international attendee audience, for those who strive at the highest level to network and learn about new online game development and business trends. Visit the official website http://www.ionconference.com for the latest news and information about the 2008 ION Game Conference. To review the global and diversified advisory board supporting the ION Game Conference, visit http://www.ionconference.com/advisors.php.
To keep informed about the latest news about ION and the online game industry, sent straight to your e-mail Inbox, sign up for the free ION Connection newsletter at http://www.ionconference.com/signup.html. To network and share news with fellow members of the online game development community, join up with the ION Network here: http://ionnetwork.ning.com.
ION is Powered By:
2008 ION GAME CONFERENCE SPONSORS: Aria, BigWorld, Dolby, Eidos, enterpriseSeattle, GNi, Goodwin Procter, iovation, Kelley Drye, Mindark, Omni Interactive Audio, Parature, PlaySpan, PLAYXPERT, PowerUp Games, Solid State Networks, Sony Online Entertainment and Vivox.
2008 ION GAME CONFERENCE PARTNERS: Association of Virtual Worlds, China GC Networks, DFC Intelligence, MPOGD, Pearl Research and Themis Group.
About Evergreen Events
Evergreen Events, Inc., ( http://www.evergreenevents.org), is an independent Seattle area-based producer of conferences and events for the interactive entertainment industry. Evergreen Events is dedicated to the enrichment of both established and aspiring professionals through innovative first-class events offering exceptional content that is compelling, educational, and cogent. Our directors and advisors bring over a century of collective successful experience and involvement in the game industry.
ION Game Conference logos, media, and art assets:
Marketing Communications Advisor