Evochron Legends version 1.108 is now available for download and includes the improvements and fixes listed below. This update's main improvements include a new 3rd person target view, autopilot control of the jump drive, new cargo tracking/scanning system, updated planet positions within various solar systems, and several new mod options. This update is required for multiplayer compatibility.
The installer also works as an updating program for older versions of the game. It can be downloaded at: http://starwraith3dgames.home.att.net/evochronlegends/downloads.htm
Version 1.108 offers the following improvements, fixes, and changes:
- New warp tunnel textures for jump drives and gates.
- New 3rd person view added, current target perspective.
- Autopilot now automatically controls jump drive for long range/deep space travel.
- Custom city object system now supports separate custom textures (rather than being linked to ships).
- Stations without names will now display their ID number rather than no data when hangar fees are paid.
- Higher frequency of mission participation from Alliance military spacecraft in war zones.
- Separate custom cities can now also be included for each planet in the game.
- Issue with an error message while changing music setting in-game fixed.
- Fix for the mouse-over display showing the wrong planet economy type.
- Multiple cargo object entities (container sets) per sector now supported.
- HUD highlight brackets added for cargo containers not being scanned.
- Version value and check routine added to universe data file system.
- Engine exhaust effect updated for a more centralized appearance.
- Fuel burn rate better calibrated (overall lower burn rate).
- Fix for custom planet textures not loading correctly.
- Planet positions in several systems updated.
With the addition of the new and updated mod options, the customizing kit is now also complete and available for download. It can be downloaded at the same link above. The kit provides instructions and several sample files to help in customizing and modifying the graphics/textures, sounds, music, and text of the game.
The game's official website is at: http://starwraith3dgames.home.att.net/evochronlegends/index.htm
The updated server program can be downloaded here: http://www.starwraith.com/ELServer.exe