Oxfordshire, 9th July 2009 - Excalibur Publishing is pleased to announce the release of Farming Simulator for PC-CD. Scheduled for an August 2009 release in the UK, the German version of this product shifted a massive 100,000 units within its first five weeks debuting at number one on the Media Control GfK chart. This refined English language version contains plenty of new features and improvements to keep any avid farming simulator enthusiast occupied for hours.
Assuming the role of a young farmer, experience the 18 hours-a-day lifestyle of running a busy farm in the middle of beautiful, rolling countryside. You start the game by choosing from a small collection of basic vehicles and machinery to explore your fairly sparce farmland which measures a mere 4 km2. Playing in Career mode, your aim is to whip the farm into shape, expand your fleet of farm machinery and become as successful a farmer as possible. As you progress through the game you’ll need to visit the local agricultural machinery store to trade in your old vehicles and equipment for newer kit. You can choose between seven beautifully detailed tractors, four combine harvesters and over 20 tools such as a plough, seeder, baler and a self loading wagon.
By way of a licensing deal with the AGCO Corporation, owner of the high specification Fendt brand, Farming Simulator features wonderfully detailed tractors and combine harvesters. A similar collaboration with Pottinger allows for the inclusion of many authentically detailed agricultural plant and machinery.
If this incredible variety still isn’t enough for you, you can download a vast array of vehicles, equipment and other modifications via the internet.
Farming Simulator also contains various missions and tutorials to complete as well as featuring a realistic day-and-night cycle with changing weather conditions. You can also activate computer-controlled vehicles which will help you get your work done.
· Career mode with business section
· An array of different missions and tutorials
· Large vehicle fleet with authentic Fendt machines
· Masses of very detailed equipment to choose from
· 4 different crops: barley, corn, canola and wheat
· Day and night cycle with ever changing weather patterns
· AI traffic and computer-controlled assistants
· Download additional vehicles and equipment with automatic installation mode
· Gamepad and steering wheel support
· Microsoft Windows XP or Vista
· 2.0 GHz Intel or equivalent AMD processor
· 1 GB RAM
· 1 GB available hard disc space
· Nvidia Geforce 6800 Series, ATI Radeon X850 or S3 Chrome 430 GT graphics card (minimum 128 MB VRAM)
· Sound card
· Active internet connection for activation
Product: Farming Simulator
Format: PC CD
Release: August 2009
First Class Simulations
PO Box 586
Tel: 01869 338428
Fax: 0870 132 1026
For press enquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01869 338833.
For sales and distribution enquiries, contact Robert Stallibrass on 01869 338833 or email@example.com
About Excalibur Publishing
Based in the United Kingdom, Excalibur is the mainstream PC publishing arm of Contact Sales. The company is headed up by Robert Stallibrass who brings over 25 years' experience in computer games sales and marketing to the "round table".
Astragon Software GmbH is a publisher of video games and computer software based in Mönchengladbach Germany. The company specialises in publishing simulation games for the PC for which it is a market leader in this sector.