March 22, 2010– Flipline Studios today announced the launch of Remnants of Skystone, a browser-based MMO that blends 2D platforming gameplay, sprawling single-player worlds, and cooperative multiplayer action set within a Steampunk world.
In Remnants of Skystone, players can choose to play as one of three distinct classes— the jetpack-wearing Aeronauts, the agile Ferrics, or the rope-swinging Crags— and will explore areas on the Ground with 2D, side-scrolling, platforming gameplay. Main missions and quests are undertaken in single-player gameplay, and players can team up with others in Co-op Trailblazing missions that change weekly. Spoils from missions can be used to decorate the players' personal housing called Floats, where other players can visit and socialize. Players can also visit the central floating city of Nidaria to meet up with other players, take on missions and quests, and shop for new clothing, furniture, or restoratives.
• Free to play, browser-based game
• 2D, side-scrolling, platforming adventure with single-player and multi-player gameplay
• 3 Playable classes with unique moves and attacks
• 100+ Quests and Missions
• Steampunk-themed world
• Explore the game world across massive maps
• Weekly multi-player co-op missions
• Design and furnish your own floating house
• Nidarian Guard membership available to gain extra moves, quests, and features
Remnants of Skystone launches exclusively on Kongregate, and can be played online at www.kongregate.com/skystone
About Flipline Studios
Founded by Matt Neff and Tony Solary in 2004, Flipline Studios is a game development studio focused on delivering high-quality, original online games. Their portfolio includes the award-winning Papa’s Pizzeria time-management game, and the side-scrolling platformer Papa Louie: When Pizzas Attack.