AGEOD Games, developer of the wargame classic “Birth of America” and the critically acclaimed “Napoleon's Campaigns”, returns to the battlefield with a new game focused on the Roman Empire's tumultuous history of generals and wannabe emperors marching on the capital to claim power for themselves.
“Alea Jacta Est” takes you from the first titanic clashes in the 1st century BC to the chaos following the assassination of Commodus in 193 AD in the first PC game to focus on the Roman Civil Wars. Five scenarios will challenge even the most ambitious and savvy desktop commander. Check out the announcement trailer on YouTube here and download screenshots from here .
"Alea Jacta Est" Now on Steam Greenlight
You can now support the release of “Alea Jacta Est” on Steam, by voting for it on its Greenlight page .
“Alea Jacta Est” includes:
· A command and supply system that models the command structure of the ancient period
· Simplified construction and recruitment of units to get you into the fighting quicker
· Special wild card actions you take on the map to give yourself a fighting edge
· Historical events you must respond to, enhancing replayability with multiple paths
· A battle system adapted to reflect the realities of hand to hand and siege combat
· Oover a thousand historical leaders and almost 3000 territories to cover on a beautifully drawn map of the Ancient Mediterranean
· Support for up to three players in some of the larger scenarios
The game is available for pre-order at AGEOD's site and will be released to the public on September 22, 2012 for the low price of $19.99 (€ 19.99).