FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NOW AVAILABLE ON iPhone / iPod touch!
Square Enix Announces Limited-Time Sale to Celebrate the Release
LONDON (August 4, 2011) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that FINAL FANTASY® TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS®, which has received global acclaim on several platforms, is now available as part of a worldwide simultaneous release for the iPhone® and iPod touch®.
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS was first released in Japan for the PlayStation® in 1997 and sold over 2.4 million copies worldwide. The game’s popularity expanded when it was re-released in 2007 as FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system with added features such as new cut scenes, scenarios and jobs. Now you can enjoy the world of Ivalice and tactical battles once again on the iPhone and iPod touch.
In FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS you can use the touch screen interface to fine-tune the control of the game. The complex tactical game can be effortlessly and intuitively controlled by tapping units and menus. Instead of switching fixed map views - you can now rotate, move and change the size of maps by sliding and pinching. The loading times have also improved and certain cut scenes can be skipped so the player can dive straight into the battles.
The game boasts a rich storyline, as fans of the FINAL FANTASY series have come to expect. The game also carries on the familiar job system of the series, and introduces new jobs not included in the original PlayStation release. The Charge Time Battle (CTB) system played on a 3D field in real time, further intensifies the strategy involved in the battles of FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS.
The iPad® version will be available for download later this month.
In days now long past, the War of the Lions rent the land of Ivalice in two. And it is here that two young men of note first stepped onto history's stage. The first is a man named Delita Heiral, the hero who would draw the curtain on the War of the Lions, this dark act of Ivalice's history. The other, whose role is now forgotten, is a man by the name of Ramza Beoulve. Peer through the eyes of these two young men, and uncover the secrets that lie hidden within history's darkened folds.
- Character designer Akihiko Yoshida’s illustrations come to life through animated sequences that combine hand-drawn style visuals with the fluidity of computer graphics – fully voiced exclusively for the English version
- Classic orchestrations from world-renowned composers Hitoshi Sakimoto and Masaharu Iwata capture the essence and breathtaking drama of the world of Ivalice
- FINAL FANTASY turns tactical: experience strategic, turn-based combat on battlefields brought to life with breathtaking art and stunning visual effects.
- Customize your characters – with 22 jobs and over 400 abilities to choose from, the range of tactical options open to you in combat is truly astounding.
- Uncover secret truths hidden within a gripping tale of intrigue, betrayal, heresy, love and heroism.
- Recruit legendary Square Enix characters to your party, including Balthier from FINAL FANTASY XII and Cloud from FINAL FANTASY VII.
- Watch key scenes unfold through gorgeous, cutting-edge animation.
- Smooth, intuitive touch-panel controls specifically tailored to Square Enix’s iPhone RPGs
- New and improved visuals exclusive to the iPhone/iPod touch
Title FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS
Platform iPhone/iPod touch
Genre Tactical RPG
Release Date August 4, 2011
Price £10.99 / €12.99 (available worldwide via App Store™)
Languages English, Japanese
Copyright © 1997, 2007, 2011 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
CHARACTER ILLUSTRATION: Akihiko Yoshida
· FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS Official Homepage:
· Square Enix Downloadable Games’ Official Homepage:
· Square Enix Downloadable Games’ Official Facebook® Page:
· Follow Square Enix Downloadable Games on Twitter®:
To celebrate the release of FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS, Square Enix is offering select previously released iPhone/iPod touch and iPad applications at a discount. The sale begins today, but only for a limited time.
? Sample Discounted Titles ?
Apps for the iPhone/iPod touch
CHAOS RINGS:£8.99 / €10.49 à £4.99 / €5.49
CHAOS RINGS OMEGA: £7.99 / €9.99 à £5.99 / €6.99
CRYSTAL DEFENDERS: £5.49 / €5.99 à £2.49 / €2.99
SONG SUMMONER: The Unsung Heroes™ - Encore: £6.99 / €7.99 à £2.99 / €3.99
FINAL FANTASY: £5.99 / €6.99 à £2.99 / €3.99
FINAL FANTASY II:£5.99 / €6.99à £2.99 / €3.99
SECRET OF MANA: £5.99 / €6.99 à £4.99 / €5.49
Apps for the iPad
CHAOS RINGS for iPad: £10.99 / €12.99 à £5.49 / €5.99
CHAOS RINGS OMEGA for iPad: £10.49 / €11.99 à £7.49 / €8.99
CRYSTAL DEFENDERS for iPad:£5.49 / €5.99 à £2.49 / €2.99
About Square Enix Ltd.
Square Enix Ltd., a part of the Square Enix Europe business unit, develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content in Europe and other PAL territories as part of the Square Enix Group. Square Enix Ltd. also has a global network of leading development studios such as IO Interactive™, Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix Group boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 100 million units worldwide, DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 58 million units worldwide and TOMB RAIDER® which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix Ltd. is a London-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found at http://www.square-enix.com/eu/en/.
© 1997, 2007, 2011 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, THE WAR OF THE LIONS, the FINAL FANTASY TACTICS logo, DRAGON QUEST, EIDOS, IO INTERACTIVE, SPACE INVADERS, SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, TAITO and TOMB RAIDER are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix Group. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. iPhone, iPod and iPod Touch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. FACEBOOK is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. TWITTER is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Contact (press only): Alex Chinchen | PR Executive
Square Enix Europe
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: +44 (0)20 8636 3000