FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Brno, Czech Republic – July 1, 2013 - CBE software has released first Full HD in-game screenshots from their upcoming narrative-driven interface based adventure game J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition.
The screenshots are available here:
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition was successfully crowdfunded earlier this year and obtaining almost three times more funds than asked for, CBE software decided to seriously expand upon the original game.
Jan Kavan, CBE software director, comments upon that success: “We strongly believe that what we are creating is going beyond the expectation of our generous backers. We no longer see J.U.L.I.A. as an enhancement but rather as a new game inspired by the original J.U.L.I.A.”
Notable features of J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition are:
• New dual resolution – 1920×1080 and 1280×720 (as opposed to the original 1024x768)
• Full screen exploration - more akin to adventure games using contextual menus to explore individual objects of interest
• Area scanning function - for tracking all active regions and preventing any pixel hunting issues
• Significantly longer and enhanced gameplay - with estimated 60% more contents due to fully fledged planetary exploration
• Unique dynamical music system
• Hackable datapads - containing vital pieces of information
• Analytic stations - allowing players to analyse gathered clues
• Log book - keeping track of the progress and storing vital clues
• Deduction puzzle - allowing players to piece the events themselves.
• Visual redesign of Rachel Manners based upon backers’ voting
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition is currently scheduled for Q1/2014 and a playable slice will be presented at GamesCom Cologne 2013.
J.U.L.I.A. is a logical video game for PC built upon the story of Rachel Manners, a 35 year old astrobiologist, who was among a close group of scientists chosen to embark upon one of the most critical mission ever conceived on Earth - to encounter alien sentient life forms.
About CBE software
Originally founded in 2006 as Cardboard Box Entertainment by Jan Kavan and Lukas Medek, a duo of creative independent developers from the Czech Republic, CBE software has a clear mission: To bring strong stories to life, and explore new possibilities beyond the traditional gameplay paradigm.
CBE software has created Ghost in the Sheet, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Vampires! And Crazy Vampires.