Seattle WA (January 21, 2011): January 22nd marks the third anniversary of the release of Flying Lab Software’s highly acclaimed and award-winning MMORPG– Pirates of the Burning Sea< http://www.burningsea.com> . 3 years is a long time in the life of a MMO, and Pirates of the Burning Sea is not slowing down. In fact, the team has just added myriad more features that players can look forward to on the eve of game’s anniversary. Features include:
· A special Anniversary mission– This mission involves a barrel race and a fancy soiree, complete with party games. Complete this mission and you’ll get a very handsome commemorative coat.
· Anniversary Pets– To celebrate this black tie occasion, Monkeys wearing top hats can be found in the Treasure Aisle, and a rare black cockatoo will complete your anniversary ensemble. Get‘em while you can, because they’re available only for a limited time.
· A complete graphic overhaul of San Juan– Flying Lab Software’s artists have been busy giving the Spanish capital a brand new look!
· New characters -- Community members Ubert le Danois, Jon Smith-Tank, Bennet, and Paul Kingtiger have been added to the game as NPCs in various locations so keep an eye out!
· New feathered friends– New pets are available in the Treasure Aisle: a Seagull, cranky and vaguely menacing, as seagulls always are, a Cockatiel, and a Raven!
· Captain’s Club members will notice a nice new perk -- double Conquest rewards after map wins. See the Captain’s Club benefits or sign up< http://www.burningsea.com/page/f2p> today!
“Making Pirates of the Burning Sea free-to-play has made the Burning Seas awash with ship-to-ship combat and swashbuckling action. We are looking forward to celebrating many more anniversaries with our loyal and fast-growing community,” said Russell Williams, CEO of Flying Lab Software.
Set against the backdrop of the New World of the 18th century, Pirates of the Burning Sea™ is an MMORPG featuring high-seas action and adventure in a bold world of pirates and plunder, where players can choose to play as one of three nations— England, France or Spain— or choose the role of a Pirate and battle it out for glory and power. To sign up, go to burningsea.com
About Flying Lab Software
Flying Lab Software, a Seattle, Washington based game development company established in 1997, is the maker of the critically acclaimed Rails Across America. Flying Lab Software is currently working on expanding Pirates of the Burning Sea™ and several new games for its casual division. For more information about Flying Lab Software, please visit www.flyinglab.com< http://www.flyinglab.com< http://www.flyinglab.com>>