INCLUDES FULL-LENGTH FLIGHT DECK DVD!
Developer: Digital Aviation
Genre: Flight Simulator Expansion
Format: PC DVD-ROM
Release: January 2009
Barcodes: 5060094401195 (Eng)
“The panel is just simply amazing. If you are looking for an aircraft that provides the most realism possible, look no further.”– Avsim.com
The Advanced Cockpit Simulation!
Over four years of development has produced an outstanding simulation of the Fokker 70 and 100 airliners and probably the most advanced flight deck simulation ever seen for Microsoft’s Flight Simulator series.
With the involvement of Fokker pilots, this is an airliner that MUST be flown just as the real aircraft would be. Complex systems such as hydraulics, bleed air and electrical connections, lift dumper and speed brake logic, emergency controls, reverser logic plus detailed icing and fire protection systems are all modelled, delivering the ultimate cockpit simulation.
This amazing product includes highly detailed exterior models and flight dynamics for the Fokker 100 with both sliding and stair door variants plus the Fokker 70. Each model has numerous liveries to fly from either the Captain’s or First Officer’s panel. You even get multi-crew networking capability to allow Captain and First Officer interaction!
Fourteen 2D panels and pop-ups allow complete start-up to shut-down procedures by the book. Plus the load manager and fuel planner display data on the kneeboard for easy FMC programming.
This fully packed boxed edition comes complete with printed manual, including‘your first flight’ tutorial, poster-sized panel familiarisation guide and a full-length flight-deck DVD filmed with British Midland airlines (BMi) on a round trip to Nice– which will help both novices and airliner experts alike to‘learn to fly the Fokker way’
Detailed Product Features
- Simulation of Fokker 100 and Fokker 70 airliners.
- Detailed panel systems simulation (2D only) - includes Captain and F/O (First Officer) views.
- Precise Flight Dynamics with special interpretation of your computers joystick/yoke for the most accurate feel possible.
- Highly detailed exterior visual model.
- Custom sound set with many expanded sound features.
- Detailed documentation and tutorials.
- Load Manager and Fuel Planner.
Aircraft Visual Model
The package contains 3 highly detailed models of the Fokker 100. These include a Fokker 100 with a sliding door, a Fokker 100 with stair door, and a Fokker 70. The models have a lot of animated parts and extras:
- Rudder and Flap movement all based precisely on real system logic and state data.
- Landing/Taxi Lights can be extended and switched on separately, beams move along the surface.
- The Landing Light beams, measured from the real aircraft.
- Baggage loading depends on real aircraft loading.
- Shut down aircraft shows chocks and engine covers.
- Ground power cable connection visible.
- Extra panel to control doors and ground equipment.
- AES (Airport Enhancement Services) definition files included.
Aircraft Flight Model
The Fokker flight dynamics are precisely designed based on numerous real-world comparisons and data. Accurate aerodynamic behaviour of the slatless wings matches the real world fuel and climb data to within 2-5%. Simulated are the engine types TAY650 for the Fokker 100 and TAY620 for the F70. A detailed Load Manager handles all cargo stations in the aircraft and together with the Fuel Planner you can export a detailed real world load sheet into the kneeboard of Flight Simulator. This data can easily be used for FMC setup and in-flight calculations.
The aircraft systems simulation is done with the highest level of detail featuring all Fokker systems, which of course includes an FMC and multiple EFIS Displays. The AFCAS (autopilot) is features all real -orld functions to the highest level of realism for this aircraft type.
- Detailed electrical bus system simulation of all internal systems. Lights are correctly fed by all the electrical busses and interconnections. (e.g. the left landing light has a different power source than the right one, and can be tested by switching off the respective bus).
- Detailed bleed air and hydraulic system simulation. This includes anti-ice and cabin pressurization systems, right down to the interconnection with the auto-thrust that maintains bleed pressure in idle descent during ANTIICE usage).
- Detailed Iicing simulation.
- Realistic APU starting and usage.
- Very precise IRS simulation with varying alignment time depending on Latitude.
- Detailed fuel system simulation.
- Detailed pitot and static port system simulation - all air data information is programmed to match the real aircraft’s system.
- Weather radar with detailed ground reflection model.
- EGPWS with terrain data display.
- Flight augmentation simulation (basic extensive manoeuvre prevention).
- AFCAS Autopilot with high end regulation functionality, providing smooth and real control input throughout the flight. Absolutely smooth and precise control profile (VNAV) descents and CATIII autolandings in up to 30kt crosswinds with real rudder alignment. Also includes guided takeoff mode with automatic rudder input in case of engine failure.
- A high end FMC simulation (Honeywell software version 2A), including SID/STAR database, STRATEGIC and TACTICAL modes providing all the real functions except ENG OUT procedures.
- Realistic avionics simulation with 2 VOR's an ILS receiver, 2 ADFs, all connected to the correct busses and connected systems. The real Fokker side in logic is used.
- Mode S Transponder with TCAS matching the real TCAS test environment, with the ability to enter aFlight ID.
- Detailed adjustable interior lightning
- Precise controllability of all flight controls using correct hydraulic and electric bus connections, Lift-dumper logic, Speed-brake logic, emergency controls, flight control lock, and reverser logic.
- Detailed FWS (flight warning system) with correct alert inhibition in all corresponding flight phases with abnormal checklists/procedures display (up to 300 alerts/memos/messages in all levels).
- Detailed fire protection simulation.
Multicrew Simulation via TCPIP:
- Multicrew simulation to connect Captain and F/O to a complete flightdeck.
- Allows for shared online flights.
- Ground and door control functions.
- Virtual first officer calls that act on real flight procedures.
- Cabin requests and announcements
MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2004 or FSX
Windows– Windows XP or Vista
Processor– 2.8 GHz
Video Card– 256 Mb
Memory– 1 Gb RAM
Hard Drive– 1.5 Gb
Compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator 9.1 (installs FSUIPC)
Compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2 or Acceleration pack (installs FSUIPC4).
The FSX version is not compatible with the DX10 preview at this time. The FS9 version will work with DX10.
Due to the advanced nature of the systems and panels, a 3D Virtual Cockpit is NOT included.