FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LAS VEGAS, NV – September 30, 2011 – Petroglyph® today announced that its free-to-play Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game, Rise of Immortals™, is now available on Steam®, a leading platform for delivery of digital content with more than 35 million accounts worldwide.
Rise of Immortals, an online PC game that expands on the hit battle arena genre with new, innovative features, is now available in Steam’s free-to-play section. The game also supports the Steam Wallet service, allowing players to purchase in-game items, Immortals, skins and more with their Steam Wallet funds.
Players who register for Rise of Immortals through Steam will receive several exclusive items, including an unlocked Immortal (a 500 in-game coin value), a limited-edition skin for the new Immortal Trovoc, 200 Petroglyph coins to spend on in-game items, and access to unlockable Steam-exclusive achievements.
“Rise of Immortals enjoyed a strong launch as a direct download several weeks ago, and we’re excited to partner with Valve to now bring the game to Steam – the world’s leading PC game distribution service – to expose the game to even more fans of the battle arena genre,” said Steve Wetherill, executive producer of Rise of Immortals for Petroglyph.
Rise of Immortals features the popular action-strategy gameplay of traditional MOBA games, but adds enhanced socialization features, along with persistent character progression – a first for the MOBA genre. In addition, Rise of Immortals features a social hub where players can show off their enhanced Immortals, chat, emote, browse leaderboards, shop, update friend lists and more. Players also have the option of taking their Immortals through cooperative Player versus Environment (PvE) scenarios to learn the game, try out new abilities, and earn persistent experience before jumping into Player versus Player (PvP) matches.
Features of Rise of Immortals:
· 13 unique Immortals, with additional Immortals released on a regular basis
· Persistent per-Immortal level progression and skill trees
· Persistent artifacts for stat enhancements
· Player versus Environment instances with boss encounters
· Player versus Player instances with up to 5v5 multiplayer
· Player versus Bot instances with up to three-person cooperative play
· Persistent experience and leveling in both PvP and PvE instances
· Account and Immortal statistics tracking
· Player hub instances for socialization
· Rise of Immortals Website: http://www.riseofimmortals.com
· RoI on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/riseofimmortals
· RoI on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/riseofimmortals
· RoI on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/riseofimmortals
· RoI on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/riseofimmortals
Press Info: http://www.riseofimmortals.com/press
About Petroglyph Games, Inc.
Founded in 2003, Petroglyph Games, Inc. is an award-winning, independent game development studio located in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Petroglyph team specializes in Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA), Online Real-Time Strategy (RTS) and Action/RPG games, leveraging the experience gained from developing original hit franchises for PC and consoles. Petroglyph uses their proprietary GLYPHXSM Online game engine, tools and technology to power their next-generation titles.
For more information about Petroglyph, please visit www.petroglyphgames.com.
© 2011. Petroglyph Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Petroglyph, GLYPHX, Rise of Immortals, and Guardians of Graxia are trademarks and/or service marks of Petroglyph Games, Inc.