NEW YORK—November 19th, 2008— Paradox Interactive is proud to announce that Vae Victis, the eagerly anticipated expansion to the critically acclaimed Grand Strategy game Europa Universalis: Rome is released today. The expansion is available exclusively via digital download from GamersGate and Direct2Drive with a suggested retail price of $9.99. Vae Victis requires Europa Universalis: Rome to play.
Set during the golden age of the Roman Republic when the Senate ruled the Empire, Vae Victis features a massive number of additions and improvements to Europa Universalis: Rome, a game that was already one of the most prominent to depict that era in the widest scope. An overview of these key changes begins with government, which has received a lot of attention for the expansion in order to produce more fluid and balanced gameplay. The cast of historical characters of the ancient world have also had a significant overhaul across a variety of areas and with the addition of missions, decisions and laws, Vae Victis is an expansion packed with a huge amount of new content.
KEY NEW FEATURES IN VAE VICTIS
• Additions and improvements to all three government forms - Republic, Monarch and Tribal
• Central historical characters of the ancient world are now more fully realised, with players now able to interact with them on a far greater level. Each of your characters now has ambitions and you can choose to help or hinder them with the ability to imprison, banish or execute on the one hand, or promote and award titles on the other
• Much improved and streamlined User Interface at every level, along with new character overview screens, reduces micromanagement. In-game Governors being in charge of whole regions also reduces players needs to be so hands on, as well as making them a lot more powerful and interesting
• A new Mission feature rewards players for completed missions. Different missions will be available depending on the form of government
• New Decision feature - a variety of events that can be triggered by the player at their discretion instead of automatically by the game, such as being able to change the government type from a Republic to a Dictatorship.
• Completely revamped military AI in order to provide a more challenging gaming experience.
For press enquiries and interview requests please contact:
Tel; 0203 176 0139
Mob; 07867 514554
- ENDS -
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy stable, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes original titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as the best published titles like Penumbra: Black Plague, Supreme Ruler 2020, and the greatly-anticipated Majesty 2– The Fantasy Kingdom Sim.