dtp and Ronimo reveal first character for Awesomenauts!
Today, dtp entertainment AG and Ronimo Games introduce the first episode in the Awesomenauts Spotlight, with a new trailer starring our friendly neighbourhood pimp: Froggy G. Awesomenauts is an upcoming Playstation Network and Xbox Live Arcade title, set for release in 2011. The E3 Debut Trailer already introduced the world to the mind-blowing, face melting 80s-styled sights and sounds of the game. Each episode in the new Awesomenauts Spotlight will unveil a different playable character, and Froggy G. is the first to take the stage.
The amphibious B.I.G., also known as Nate Frogg or Froggy G, comes straight out of the marsh pond ghetto's of planet Ribit IV. Growing up in the baddest part of town, struggle and incarceration surrounded Froggy from an early age. Taking part in his first swim-by shoot out as a tadpole, Froggy seemed destined for a life of crime and prison. After a bloody gang war with the neighbouring Toad-unit posse ended in a 5 year jail sentence, Froggy G vowed to end his gangsta ways. Instead, Froggy G started earning his keep as a beatboxing street dancer and rapper, hoping to be picked up by a major record label. Unfortunately, his tracks, titled "Pond Pimpin'", "Froggin' dirty" and "Motherfrogger bounce!" didn't earn him much. In order to make some money, and then make some mo', Froggy G became a hired gun. Combining his shoot-out experiences with lethal watery dance-moves and beatboxing techniques, Froggy G now spins and dashes across intergalactic battlefields.
Learn more about Froggy G and Awesomenauts on the official website: www.awesomenauts.com
Froggy G's video appearance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41HseZ4Mpwo
Additional Awesomenauts will be revealed in new episodes of the Awesomenauts Spotlight in the upcoming weeks.
The year is 3587, conflict spans the stars. Huge robot armies are locked in an enduring stalemate. At the centre is a team of elite mercenaries fighting for the spoils of war: The Awesomenauts.
Combining the gameplay of classic 2D-platformering titles with that of modern, fast-paced MOBA-games, Awesomenauts allows up to six players to battle against one-another across multiple alien worlds. Featuring a playable roster of unique heroes, Awesomenauts brings ferocious team play and angry, lightsaber-wielding aliens together.
- For the first time in galactic history, Awesomenauts will bring the popular MOBA genre to the 2D plane with rich, detailed environments!
- Adrenaline-pumping action with up to 3 players staining your couch, or 6 players online!
- A roster of unique playable mercenaries, each featuring their own set of skills and upgrades!
- Advanced matchmaking options, which allow you to queue up for online matches without forcing you to wait in a matchmaking lobby!
- Unlock over 100 unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your personal playing style for each match!
- Face melting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!
Awesomenauts is inspired by classic, Saturday-morning cartoons from the 80's, and features a soundtrack that is sure to stick in your head for days!