The release date is Thursday the 26th of May.
"Behold," shrieks Joint Managing Director Paul Taylor suddenly, leaping from his cupboard, his shrill, tense voice laden with adjectives, "a launch trailer!"
"We have been working on this bloody game for around four years and it's high time we stopped," adds Taylor.
His eyes, rheumy globes swollen with sadness, roll slowly downwards in their sullen sockets.
His tired hands open; bullet points clatter emptily to the floor...
- The ultimate tactical game on PC and Mac– classic squad-based strategy with a modern interface
- 5 challenging multiplayer modes including the innovative bidding-based "Secure” and "Hostage Rescue"
- 55-mission single player campaign with dynamic dialogue and intriguing near-future narrative
- Escort VIP's, rescue hostages, infiltrate enemy installations, negotiate laser tripwires and partake in all manner of other tactical activities!
- All-powerful Skirmish Generator
- Integrated IRC chat as well as various community features
- Random generation combined with hand-crafted content means that levels and maps are different every time
- Critically-acclaimed electronica soundtrack by musician nervous_testpilot
- Facebook, Twitter and YouTube integration
- 15 Steam Achievements, including one for beating Mode 7's Level Designer Robin in a match
"If you would like to review the game, please reply to this mail and I will send you review code as soon as I can,” says Paul, perking up a bit. “Also, feel free to send me any questions."
If you have a legacy occipital lobe and are incapable of viewing multiple images in rapid succession, Mode 7 have provided these static frames so that you feel included...
That release date again: Thursday the 26th of May.
Frozen Synapse will be available to buy direct from http://www.frozensynapse.com as well as all good digital download stores, including Steam.
It can currently be pre-ordered until Thursday with immediate access to the final beta only from http://www.frozensynapse.com
After launch, anyone buying the game will still receive a free key for a friend - we have found this worked great during the pre-order and so will be continuing it as an effort to keep growing our brilliant community. This is likely to be for a limited time only.
Any customers who buy the game direct from Mode 7 will receive a key to activate the game on Steam; their nominated friend will get one too. There's no need to buy the game on Steam again to reap any Steamy benefits.
Prices and bundles won't be announced until launch day.
We are indie developers, therefore every single post/article/eighteen-page glowing megafeature makes a foal bounce playfully around its paddock.
Here's that launch trailer link again:
Hope to hear from you soon!