(Toronto– May 6, 2010) - Interactive Ontario today announced that the full schedule for INplay, the brand new conference about the business and art of kids digital media and interactivity, is now available online at http://www.inplay2010.com.
On May 18 and 19 at the Liberty Grand in Toronto, INplay will feature keynote presentations, panel discussions and lectures from leaders in the kids entertainment industry, covering a range of sectors including video games, online platforms, and mobile properties, and how they relate to toys, books, and TV/Film. INplay will examine these topics through three conference streams: Business, Creativity and Content, and Research.
Here are some speakers and session highlights for INplay 2010:
· Paul&Peter Reynolds, Co-Founders, FableVision
· Jon Berrett, executive producer&Christian Jacobs, co-founder, director and writer Yo Gabba Gabba
· Alex Manu, Sr. Partner and Chief Imaginator, InnoSpa International Partners
Panel Participants, presenters and lecturers:
· David Glen, Executive Producer of Children’s Multiplatform TV, Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
· Chris Muscarella, Public Relations and Production, Do Crew
· Gerry Gouy, Senior Director, Business Development, International Digital Media at MTV Networks International
· Susan Rich, Editor-at-Large, Little Brown Books for Young Readers&HarperCollins Children's Books NY
· William Weil, Co-Founder&CEO, Tales2Go
· Michael H. Levine, Ph.D., Executive Director, Joan Ganz Cooney Center
· Jeremie Bernard, Founder / President, Emerging Playgrounds
· Nicole Rustad, Kids Helping Kids Manager, Disney Online Studios Canada
· James Jones, VP, Digital Media&Gaming, Hasbro, Inc.
· Judy Perry, Research Manager, MIT Scheller Teacher Education Program
· The Future of Reading
· Life is Tweet: A primer on youth and social media
· Navigating the Mobile Matrix: Learning your mobile ABC's
· Game Design: What makes effective online play?
· Cutting Edge Research: Virtual&Augment Realities
· Preschool Play and Games
· Writing for the Digital Future
· Toys, Toys, Toys: product design in a digital age
· Kids and Privacy: What are you doing with my stuff?
· Getting the Word Out: A look at social media and the parent blogger community
About INplay 2010 - www.inplay2010.com<http://www.inplay.com>
INplay is a unique, international event that connects kids creative industries with insights and opportunities in the interactive space. From the video game business to the broadcast industry, from toys to toons, the INplay conference brings together leaders in the kids space to learn, network and be inspired by interactive. May 18 and 19 in Toronto, Canada, the INplay conference will feature presentations, panel discussions, case studies, technology‘show and tells’, keynotes and a good dose of fun!
About Interactive Ontario (IO) - http://www.interactiveontario.com
IO is a not-for-profit industry trade organization representing over 220 member companies. IO is committed to the growth of the Ontario interactive digital media industry. To this end IO is an industry advocate within Ontario and nationally as a founding member of the Canadian Interactive Alliance /Alliance interactive canadienne (CIAIC).
For more information:
Director of Communications
Interactive Ontario (io)
99 Atlantic Ave., Suite 411
Toronto, ON M6K 3J8
T: 416.516.0077 x224