Cologne, Germany, 2nd September 2009– RockAByte, developer and publisher of games and applications for online, mobile, and handheld platforms, is bringing back the good, old model railroad feeling to the iPhone and iPod touch with the retro arcade game“Railroad Rush”.
In this brand new casual game, which is available in the App Store from today on, the player has to take over control of the track network and the direction of railroad traffic. By a touch of a finger, the turnouts have to be switched exactly in the right moment to conduct the trains to their destination depot just in time. Within each level, a specified amount of railroad engines have to be guided to the right train yard without crashing into each other.
All levels can be played with four different levels of difficulty: easy, medium, hard– and the "extreme” mode will challenge even the most skilled arcade pros! Each difficulty setting got its own cup to win.
If a player passes all levels in "extreme” mode, he or she will earn the title "Master Conductor". 18 more exciting achievements and an online high score leaderboard, enabling players to compete against each other, will guarantee long term motivation and gaming fun. Railroad Rush utilizes the "OpenFeint" high score system to invite friends and other players via Facebook and twitter.
Railroad Rush is now available for the iPhone and iPod touch in the iTunes App Store for 0,79 Euro.
• 30 challenging levels
• Four levels of difficulty: easy, medium, hard and the infamous "extreme" mode
• Win trophies by solving all levels of difficulty for each level
• Collect all items on the tracks to get more bonus points
• 19 exciting achievements (e.g. "Triple Crash" or "Master Conductor")
• Online high scores by integration of the proven OpenFeint system
• Invite your friends via Facebook or twitter and challenge them
• Listen to your iPod tracks while playing
• Retro arcade game bringing model railway feeling to the iPhone