Future, the international media group and leading digital publisher, today announces the promotion of Lee Nutter to Group Publisher for the Entertainment Group.
The promotion comes in recognition of Lee’s development and leadership of the Total Film and Official Nintendo Magazine brands. www.totalfilm.com continues to go from strength to strength, recording its highest traffic figures ever in December 2012, with 2.49m global unique users, up 107% year-on-year*. Whilst Official Nintendo Magazine successfully delivered a new look in Novemeber 2012 to coincide with the UK launch of Nintendo’s Wii U games console.
Lee joined Future in 2003 as Editor of PSW. Since then he was launch Editor of Official Nintendo Magazine, before moving to Publisher for the Entertainment Group in 2006.
Lee will continue to report to Clair Porteous, who was appointed Head of Entertainment in October last year.
Clair says: “This well deserved promotion reflects the work Lee has put into the Total Film and Official Nintendo Magazine brands. Lee’s experience in the videogames sector is exceptional and as we continue to drive and accelerare digital growth in the Entertainment Group, Lee will play a pivitiol role in pushing this agenda forwards.”
Lee says: “This is a fantastic opportunity. The structure is now in place to even further accelerate our huge audience expansion across digital platforms in both games and film. This is an exciting time for the Entertainment Group with some big announcements set for later in the year.”
*Global unique users measured by comScore Digital Analytix
For more information please contact:
Ben Bolton, Senior Communications Executive for Future on 020 7042 4034 or 07940 530424 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Future plc:
· Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
· We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
· We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
· We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple’s Newsstand for iPad.
· Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
· Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.