Future, the international media group and leading digital publisher, today announces the reorganisation of its senior management structure within the Film & Games Group.
The changes come as Future continues to transition towards becoming a predominantly digital business. The consumer engagement of the Film & Games Group is at a record high, delivering a global reach over 20.2m touchpoints a month, up 29% year-on-year. As a result of the reorganisation, Future’s Entertainment Group has been renamed Future Film & Games.
Clair Porteous becomes Deputy MD with overall responsibility for the Film & Games Group in the restructure, reporting to Nial Ferguson, Managing Director of Future’s Technology, Film & Games Groups.
Clair says: “These changes reflect the challenge of the evolving market and show our focus on digital growth whilst continuing to invest in our heritage print brands. We have realigned the senior management structure to reflect our re-positioning away from a platform-focused structure to a more audience-based approach, and will focus on driving audience engagement and increased and additional revenue streams. With these changes in place we are agile and equipped to enter what will be an extremely exciting time for the games industry with the next-generation of consoles.”
Lee Nutter becomes Head of Games and will play a lead role in the development of our position in the UK Games market, whilst focusing on key brands PC Gamer, Official Xbox, Official PlayStation, Official Nintendo, Gamesmaster and Pokemon.
Lee says: "I'm delighted to be leading Future's Games brands into one of the most exciting eras in gaming history and will focus on driving audience and revenue growth across all our audience touchpoints. By providing our passionate gamers with engaging content across multiple platforms, I have no doubt we will continue to see our brand reach grow.”
Keith Walker becomes Head of Digital – Film, Games & Technology, with direct responsibility for CVG and GamesRadar UK. Keith will also be working with Lee to drive audience engagement across the other Games web properties.
Keith says: “This restructure is a brilliant opportunity to drive best practice across all out online properties. Digital acceleration is at the core of Future’s strategy and I’m confident we can improve the user experience across all of our market-leading websites, while providing our partners with the ability to reach an unrivalled number of passionate games enthusiasts.”
Declan Gough, Head of Future’s Creative & Design Group, which includes Computer Arts, .net and 3D World, will now head up the Edge brand.
Nick Weatherall, Advertising Sales Director – Film & Games, adds: “The renaming of the Entertainment Group to Future Film & Games shows a clear focus for two of Future's pillar portfolios. We are as committed as ever to delivering highly engaging editorial content which enables us to offer clients clearly focussed commercial opportunities.”
Ben Bolton, Senior Communications Executive for Future on 020 7042 4034 or 07940 530424 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Future Film & Games:
Future Film & Games delivers a global reach of over 20.2 million touchpoints a month. Comprising multi-media game and movie brands including Total Film, CVG, GamesRadar and PC Gamer, we engage with our audiences across a multitude of platforms including online, social media, on mobile, through video, live events and in print and digital editions.
We hold unique positions in the global game and movie markets. In games, Future publishes official titles for Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo and licenses these titles into further territories. We combine the strongest games industry partnerships with an innovative multi-channel approach, whilst in movies we deliver cross-platform campaigns to influential film fans throughout the full product lifestyle of a movie.
Online we have over 12 million monthly visitors across our entertainment websites and this figure is growing every month. Video is a central part of our digital strategy – the Film & Games Group has a dedicated video studio, and records more than three million views across our YouTube channels every month.
About Future plc:
· Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
· We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
· We hold market-leading positions in We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Music, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
· Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that's 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3 , Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine .
· Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have now sold over five million digital copies.
· Future exports or syndicates 225 publications to over 89 countries, making us the UK's number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
· Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and is currently the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year and the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.