Future, the international media group and leading digital publisher, today announces that GamesRadar , the premiere source for everything video games, has a brand new look. The site has undergone a complete overhaul, resulting in a slick new layout, editor curated content in a carousel style slideshow, updated social features, and easier navigation.
Comprehensive updates to the site include:
• Clean and modern tile based layout that puts game imagery front and centre.
• Dynamic and interactive functionality that draws inspiration from the best mobile apps.
• More space for editors to feature the best content.
• Social interactions are also brought into focus directly on the home page. Not only can users see who’s interacted with content and get a taste of recent comments – but they can also contribute comments or share to their favourite social networks right from the home page.
• Everything users need to know about the best games in a dynamic module – again, directly on the home page.
• Users will never miss out on GamesRadar’s famous Top 7s and other gallery articles, because they’re now featured prominently.
• Infinitely scrolling content stream allows endless eons of browsing through everything GamesRadar has to offer – without even needing to click.
Sophia Tong, Editor-in-Chief of GamesRadar, says: “We are extremely proud about the latest evolution of GamesRadar.com. The new look and site features help lay the foundation for all the exciting things to come in 2013.”
Keith Walker, Head of Digital – Entertainment, says: “Our product, editorial and commercial teams have fused together great ideas to produce a fantastic new look site which is sleek, dynamic and interactive. We know our users will love this as much as we do.”
A complete walk-through of the new site can be viewed at http://www.gamesradar.com/gamesradar-website-walkthrough/
GamesRadar will celebrate with a week of specific genre themed content leading up to the “Game of the Year” awards and will hold a special live stream on December 18 th featuring the Game of the Year winner and nominees.
Experience the new GamesRadar now at www.gamesradar.com .
For more information please contact:
Ben Bolton, Senior Communications Executive for Future on 020 7042 4034 or 07940 530424 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR). Founded in 1985 with one magazine, today we have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 special-interest publications, apps, websites and events. We hold market-leading positions in Games, Film, Music, Technology, Cycling, Automotive and Crafts. Our biggest-selling products include T3, Total Film, Classic Rock and Official Xbox Magazine. Our websites include gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com, musicradar.com and techradar.com (the UK's number one consumer technology website). Future sells 2.2 million magazines each month; we attract more than 45 million monthly unique visitors to our websites; and we deliver over 100 digital editions and bespoke apps on tablet. Future exports or syndicates publications to 89 countries, making us the UK's number one exporter and licensor of magazine content. Future was named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for the second year running at the Association of Online Publishers Awards 2012 and PPA Digital Consumer Publisher of the Year 2012.