SAN FRANCISCO - March 14, 2012 - Game Connection and [a]list, a knowledge sharing division of Ayzenberg Group aimed at entertainment marketers, have announced the nominees for their Marketing Awards, which will honor the best the video game marketing industry has to offer in areas spanning digital, print, mobile and public relations campaigns. The list of awards to be presented can be found here: www.game-connection.com/gameconn/content/marketing-awards.
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on March 25, 2013, held from 4:30 to 5:30 pm at San Francisco’s Sir Francis Drake Hotel. Further event information can be found here: www.game-connection.com/gameconn/content/game-connection-marketing-awards-ceremony-presented-alist-daily.
Here the list of the finalists who will get a chance to take home the winning title in the following categories:
Best Broadcast Campaign
- Telltale Games with The Walking Dead
- ichi for THQ with Metro: Last Light
- TAKEOFF CSH for Ubisoft with Assassin’s Creed III Official Animus Trailer
- Riot Games with League of Legends splash screens
- TBWA/Gamelab for McDonald’s China with Angry Birds Magic in McDonald’s
- Ayzenberg Group for KIXEYE with KIXEYE’s Website
- Ideactif agency for Ubisoft with the Rocksmith tour
- Microsoft with Halo 4 Liechtenstein launch event
- iam8bit for Bethesda Softworks with Dishonored “Boyle Party”
- Fishlabs Entertainment for The Coca-Cola Company with Fanta Fruit Slam
- Matmi for Warwick Davis with PocketWarwick
- Midnight Oil Creative for Square Enix with Tomb Raider Scavenger Hunt
- Neology/The Redner Group for Oculus VR with Oculus Rift launch campaign
- Midnight Oil Creative for Ubisoft with Far Cry 3
- Crytek Istanbul with Crytek Istanbul press launch event
- Microsoft with Halo 4 E3 OOH
- Ayzenberg Group for Warner Bros. with Guardians of Middle Earth E3 posters
- Ayzenberg Group for Microsoft with Contre Jour pop-up press kit
- Sandbox Strategies for Activision with Activision’s Family Game Summit
- Microsoft with Halo 4 Soundtrack DJ and Fan Remix program
- Nemesys Games with Pursued: Street View game campaign
Best Original Content Campaign
- Armed Mind for Activision Blizzard with Call of Duty: Black Ops II “Rightful King” Kindle short story
- Secret Power for Square Enix with Hitman Trilogy artwork
- Microsoft with Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- Telltale Games with The Walking Dead
- Microsoft with Halo 4
- Midnight Oil Creative for Activision with Skylanders Giants
A special thanks goes to the Advisory Board who will select the winners for this edition: Alexandre Scriabine, Acquisition Manager at Electronic Arts; Rupert Loman, Managing Director at Gamer Network; Colin Cupp, Sr. Product Marketing Manager at Mochi Media; Richard Iggo, Senior Director of Marketing at Telltale Games; Tim Pivnicny, VP Sales & Marketing at Atlus Games; Stephanie Johnson, VP Marketing at Warner Brothers; Taylor Smith, Senior Director, Xbox Global Marketing Communications at Microsoft; and Carlson Choi, Head of Marketing, Vice President at Namco Bandai Games. Advisory board members whose employers are nominated will not participate in the selection of the winner in those categories.
Game Connection America has also announced the keynote session to kick off the [a]list Marketing Summit: The Risks of Non-Engagement: Why USP matters more than ever. Greg Short, CEO of video game consulting firm EEDAR will hold a presentation on the importance of unique selling proposition in gameplay and messaging with data on changes in the current consumer audience. The session will be held on Monday, March 25 from 9:30 to 10:15 am.
Game Connection America 2013 will be held March 25-27 at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel in San Francisco. This event, held three times each year in Europe, the US, and Asia, allows video game professionals to meet, do business together, connect with new industry professionals, and socialize in an environment conducive to getting business done. Members of the press interested in attending the conference or awards ceremony may contact TriplePoint PR at email@example.com.
For the most up to date list of Game Connection America attendees, please see http://goo.gl/dfGDQ.
For more information about Game Connection:
- Visit the website: www.game-connection.com
- Like on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Game.Connection.Official.Page
- Follow on Twitter: www.twitter.com/the_gameco
About Game Connection
Game Connection is an international conference that gives video game marketing industry professionals the opportunity to interact, network, and promote their products, services, and expertise. Since 2001, key players from the games industry gather three times per year—in Europe, the US, and Asia—to meet, do business together, connect with new industry professionals, and socialize in a lively environment where business gets done. In 2011, Game Connection launched a program of conferences, workshops, and master classes. As part of this program, experts of arts, game design, programming, production, communication, and marketing presented the latest innovation for consoles, handheld, browser games, social media, digital, and mobile stores. For more information, visit: www.game-connection.com.
About Connection Events
Connection Events is a creator of opportunities, resources and results in the Games Industry. Connection Events specializes in the production of services and events aimed at games industry professionals, with over 800 business clients in more than 56 countries. Core Connection Events services include Game Connection and Game Connection Master Classes. For more information, visit: www.connection-events.com.
[a]list is the knowledge-sharing division of Ayzenberg Group, one of the largest privately held creative firms on the West Coast. The division launched with the first [a]list summit in 2008, introducing a forum for exchanging ideas among video game industry thought leaders. Now an annual series of events, [a]list summits continue to cover forward-looking trends relevant to advertising and marketing in entertainment, games and youth lifestyle products. The division also runs [a]list daily, launched in 2009 and still the only source of editorial delivering a daily dose of news, original articles, and spotlights on outstanding creative efforts in game and entertainment marketing. For more information on [a]list and to subscribe to [a]list daily, please visit: www.thealistdaily.com.