CAMBRIDGE, Mass.– March 31, 2009 - The first and only Scrum Master Certification course specifically designed for video game development today announced the launch of a course aimed at game studios based in Massachusetts and New England.
The course teaches the fundamental principles of Scrum through hands-on experience. It puts theory into action through extensive use of exercise and a project simulation. This class is specifically tailored for those working in video game development.
The course is taught by Mike Cohn author of popular agile books and a cofounder of the Scrum Alliance and Clinton Keith, a 15-year game industry veteran who introduced Scrum to the industry in 2003 and who is now an independent consultant.
During the course, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organization. Participants gain practical experience working with Scrum tools and practices such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meeting, and burn-down charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team.
The course teaches practical, project-proven practices that have worked for numerous video game projects
• The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
• How to write user stories for the product backlog
• How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
• How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
• How to help producers, artists, designers and programmers work together effectively
• How to work with publishers and others outside the team who may not be familiar with Scrum
• Tips and tricks from an instructor with 15 years of game development experience and 5 years of experience applying Scrum to game development
Upon completion of the course, each participant will be designated Certified ScrumMaster by the Scrum Alliance and receive a year’s membership in the organization.
Pricing and Availability
The Certified Scrum Master for Game Development Course will be held at held at the Le Méridien hotel in Cambridge Tuesday May 5th and Wednesday May 6th. The course has limited seating and is available for $1500 USD. For more information, please visit http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/csm4vgd