SCHLOß HOLTE-STUKENBROCK, Germany - Feb. 25, 2010
Gamedoctors, an independent game development studio, today announced ZombieSmash!, an undead-themed castle defense game for the iPhone and iPod Touch that casts players as Joey, a lone survivor pit against a herd of writhing, unrelenting zombies. To defeat the undead masses, players must use their fingers to flick and smash them until they're un-undead.
Set to hit the App Store in March 2010 for $1.99, ZombieSmash! has a compelling cartoon art style, addictive gameplay, and zombies. Some of the game’s imaginative features include:
• Sophisticated ragdoll physics produce unique and hysterical zombie deaths, and the proprietary SplatterEngine™ renders adorable cartoon blood and gore in a convincing and entertaining fashion.
• To aid players in their fight, over 20 specials allow for creative zombie demolition - including fun implements like asteroids, wrecking balls, liquid nitrogen and a gigantic, rolling boulder– combine specials (for instance, smash nitrogen-frozen zombies with a boulder!) for added hilarity.
• Three game modes provide limitless replay value: Campaign Mode challenges players to survive for 31 intense days against the mounting zombie threat, Endless Siege Mode confronts them with a never-ending zombie assault, and Sandbox Mode gives you all the tools to rain destruction down on those stinking, moaning zombies without any of the peril.
• Social features including Chillingo’s Crystal and Playhaven for online and community support, and the ability to share screenshots of your best ZombieSmashing moments!
• Original soundtrack produced by famed game music composer Chris Hülsbeck, the talented musician behind the scores to classic games like Turrican, Giana Sisters and the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron series.
“Like you, we at Gamedoctors have a love/hate relationship with Zombies. We hate their brain-eating ways, their incessant moaning, and don’t get us started on the stink– but we love shooting, smashing, dismembering and otherwise causing them harm with dangerous weapons and explosives!” said Dr. Matthias Höchsmann, co-founder of Gamedoctors.“With that in mind, we set out to develop ZombieSmash!, a fun and creative castle defense game that we think has the potential to spawn an entirely new genre: Survival Comedy.”
Germany. Founded in 2009 by Matthias and Thomas Höchsmann, the company aims to develop games for the iPhone and iPod Touch platform that are imaginative, entertaining and hilarious. The company’s first game, ZombieSmash!, is slated for release on the App Store in March 2010.
Chris Heintz, TriplePoint for Gamedoctors