July 10th, 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New York - Gameloft, a leading developer and publisher of mobile and console games, announced six games now available on the Apple App Store launching today. Games that are available include top sellers such as Brain Challenge, Bubble Bash, Chess&Backgammon Classics, Platinum Solitaire, Platinum Sudoku, and Diamond Twister. Each title capitalizes on iPhone’s distinctive gaming features and offers a unique set of original characteristics and gameplay.
“We're delighted with the broad appeal of the applications we'll have available on the Apple App Store at launch," said Michel Guillemot, president, Gameloft.“Our best-selling titles have been specifically redeveloped and revamped to leverage the revolutionary features of the iPhone, and we are confident that iPhone owners will enjoy this new experience in gaming.”
Each game fully utilizes the accelerometer, touch screen and showcases enhanced graphics for the large iPhone screen. Game features include:
• Brain Challenge– More than just a game, it is an entertaining and easy solution for keeping your brain alert. Use the touch screen features to select the correct answers. Arrange cubes by gravity in an additional mini-game exclusive to iPhone.
• Bubble Bash-Have a blast tossing multi-colored bubbles into the sky to pop three or more bubbles of the same color. Aim with your finger to fire into the cluster before it drops and time runs out. In a special control mode that uses the accelerometer, the bubble launchers stand on a wheeled board which rolls all along the screen when tilting your iPhone
• Chess&Backgammon Classics– Chess and Backgammon are two of the oldest and most popular board games of all time, and both are now available in a single game. Move the pawns with the tip of your fingers, as you would do in real life, and shake the iPhone to throw the dice at Backgammon or choose the portrait or landscape orientation of the chessboard.
• Diamond Twister - This dazzling game takes new twist on the most popular genre of gem-matching puzzle. Not only can you slide your finger directly on the screen to make the gems move, but the game also features an innovative rotating gameplay. By simply rotating your iPhone, motion-sensor enables you to actually choose from which side diamonds should fall.
• Platinum Solitaire- The latest adaptation of the famous card game, set in the trendiest casino environments! Bonus features include five new games exclusive to iPhone. Move all your cards with your finger for the easiest card control and shake your phone to shuffle the cards.
• Platinum Sudoku- Leave the messy pen and newspaper behind and play one of 20 million Sudoku and Kakuro puzzles anywhere. Draw numbers on-screen with your finger and play either in landscape or portrait mode, by simply turning your iPhone.
Diamond Twister, Platinum Sudoku, Platinum Solitaire and Bubble Bash will be available for just $7.99 while Brain Challenge and Chess&Backgammon Classics will be priced at $9.99 from Apple’s App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Established in 1999, it has emerged as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile handsets equipped with Java, Brew or Symbian technology. The total number of games-enabled handsets is anticipated to exceed four billion units by 2012. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare and DS, Microsoft’s Xbox LIVE Arcade, Apple’s iPod and iPhone, and PCs.
Partnership agreements with leading licensors and sports personalities such as Ubisoft Entertainment, Universal Pictures, ABC, DreamWorks Animations SKG, Endemol, 20th Century Fox, Viacom, Sony Pictures, Touchtone Television, Warner Bros., FifPro, Ferrari, Paris Hilton, Gus Hansen, Kobe Bryant, Derek Jeter, Reggie Bush, Chuck Norris, Jonny Wilkinson or Robinho allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Block Breaker Deluxe, Asphalt: Urban GT and New York Nights.
Through agreements with major telephone wireless carriers, handset manufacturers, specialized distributors and its online shop, Gameloft has a distribution network in over 80 plus countries.
Gameloft has worldwide offices in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Montreal, Mexico, Buenos Aires, Paris, London, Cologne, Milan, Madrid, Lisbon, Copenhagen, Warsaw, Helsinki, Vienna, Bucharest, New Delhi, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA
For further information, please contact:
Sanette Chao-– 212.994.2495- Sanette.email@example.com
For more information, visit www.gameloft.com