No. 9, May 2012
gamescom award 2012 with new concept and even greater coverage
- Most important award in the European gaming industry expands its concept
- Jury places for 20 editors in chief from the games industry up for grabs
- Application phase for media representatives runs until 25 May 2012
The gamescom award, the most coveted prize in the European games industry, will once again increase its range and significance in 2012 following substantial expansion. A larger jury made up of 20 editors in chief or their deputies from the national and international games industry will for the first time this year hand out awards in at least eight different categories.
If you are an editor in chief and want to become a member of the jury, send your brief biography by 25 May 2012 to email@example.com and enter the running to snap up one of the coveted places. As in previous years, the industry can submit their games in good time up to 12 July 2012. The jury will then draw up a shortlist from all submissions of the officially nominated games for the gamescom award 2012.
The winners of the gamescom award 2012 will be announced immediately after gamescom 2012. The jury members will thus have the entire trade fair period to get a detailed picture of the best games at the world's largest trade fair for interactive entertainment.
The key details of the gamescom award 2012 at a glance:
* The application deadline for editors in chief from the national and international games industry with a short biography and photo is 25 May 2012: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The jury will be named by a committee of gamescom organisers by 1 June 2012
- The deadline for the submission of games is 12 July 2012. Application forms will be sent to all exhibitors shortly.