Fresh from hosting Hollywood’s finest at the Empire Awards, Chris Hewitt proves that 3 is the magic number, with reviews of Ninja Gaiden III & Mass Effect 3, and a special preview of Assassins Creed III. Steve Hill examines the schematics for the latest Ghost Recon, and we review all the month’s biggest titles, from gung-ho fighter pilots to kung-fu fighter pile-ups.
Premieres in the UK (Sky Channel 231* & 189*) and 30 European countries on Monday 26 th March. * PLEASE NOTE – From March 31 st , the channel can be found in the UK on Sky Channel 203, Showcase TV 2.
We’ll be honest, we had a tough time tearing ourselves away from dodging lasers and flirting with aliens in Mass Effect 3 this month. But, somewhat uncharacteristically, professionalism won through, and we’ve hunkered down to get through a packed schedule of releases.
Our Man With The Mic, Steve Hill, infiltrates the ranks of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and jumps into the latest instalment of Ubisoft’s stabby parkour series, Assassins Creed III. Meanwhile, our thumbs fend off RSI from Street Fighter x Tekken and Ninja Gaiden III; Resident Evil embraces its dark side, with a new mutant shoot’em’up; and we brandish our very own Red Suitcase with a guide to the best budget downloads. Plus, there’re full reviews of Birds of Steel, Armored Core V, Silent Hill: Downpour, Syndicate, and the rest of the month’s shiniest discs.
Armed with a new T-shirt and dodgy Shatner impression, Chris Hewitt ( Empire magazine, Orange Film Night, BBC radio’s Lauren Laverne Show) dutifully says exactly what we tell him to, in a pleasantly informative way.
For all dialogue options (paragon or renegade), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
AIRINGS – UK (All times BST)
Monday 26 th March - 01.00am
Thursday April 5 th – 01.00am
Tuesday April 10 th – 01.00am
Friday April 13 th – 11.30pm
AIRINGS – EU (Central European Time)
Monday 26 th March – 00:30
Tuesday 27 th March – 23.30
Sunday 1 st April – 19.00
Friday 6 th April – 19.00
Notes to Editors:
· The Poker Channel is Europe's largest dedicated gaming TV network and broadcasts to 30 million cable and satellite homes in over 30 countries.
· 38% of viewers rely on TV shows to inform them of the latest in console gaming. 65% buy at least five games a year, of which half buy at least 10
· The Poker Channel also broadcasts online to a global audience at www.pokerchanneleurope.com/pokertv, alongside exclusive videos and news.
· Channel programming attracts over 3 million unique TV viewers per month, with 65% of TV viewers playing online every day.
· The Poker Channel was recognised as ‘Rising Star of the Year’ at the 2009 EGR Awards, the industry’s premier awards event.
Watch The Poker Channel on TV:
· UK on Sky (231) and Freesat (402) from 11pm
· Ireland on Sky (231) from 11pm
· France on SFR/ Neufbox (99), Free (145), Bbox/ Bouygues (129), Noos & Numericable (48 and 91), Alice (105), Orange (195)
· Germany on KDG, KBW, Unity Media, Kabelkiosk, NetCologne, Martens, Telecolumbus; Mnet
· Belgium on BeTV and Numericable (187)
· Luxembourg on Numericable (199)
· Netherlands on KPN (316)
· Portugal on Meo (87), Zon (77), Clix (100), Cabovisao, Vodafone
· Spain on Imagenio (98)
· Finland, on Welho (302), Canal Digital (113), Maxivision and DNA, Lumo
· Norway on Canal Digital (114)
· Sweden on Canal Digital (114)
· Iceland on Skjarinn
· Denmark on Canal Digital (112) and Stofa (37)
· Malta on MelitaCable (608)
· Greece on OnTelecom
· Cyprus on Cablenet
· Poland on Vectra (217), UPC, Elsat (234)
· Slovenia on SiOL/ Planet9 (79), Digi TV
· Slovakia on UPC Direct (91), Orange Slovensko (55), Slovanet, Digi TV, Antik Telecom (80)
· Hungary on UPC Direct (91), Digi TV*, Szarvasi (12 sports), Fibernet (410), TV Network (4-Extra), Telework
· Romania on Focusat, Digi TV, Mitnet
· Bulgaria on Eurocom, Cabletel, Megalan, Blizoo
· Serbia on Posta/ KDS, Ikom, Digi TV (102)
· Croatia on Bnet, Digi TV
· Czech Republic on UPC Direct (91), Digi TV
· Latvia on Lattelecom (410)
· Austria on Telekom Austria (79)
· Monaco on Monaco Telekom
· Switzerland on Naxoo (41)
· Poker Channel UK feed is simulcast globally at www.pokerchanneleurope.com/pokertv