GDC China organizers have debuted a near-complete schedule for the December 5th-7th Shanghai event, including a packed main conference and comprehensive Summits on social, mobile and indie games.
Now in its third year, Game Developers Conference China offers "valuable and timely insight into the world of game development in China for an audience of both local and international developers", according to its organizers.
Overall, the December 5th-7th event provides a forum for local and international developers to explore business opportunities, expand their reach to a unique market, and discover the on-going trends emerging in this region.
With only a few lectures left to reveal for the event, organizers are summing up the agenda as follows:
- The Global Game Development/Outsourcing track has added a talk by Concept Art House's James Zhang, discussing "case studies and analysis of successful IP integration and cross platform development", joining major talks by notables from Activision, Intel, BioWare, Volition, and Slant Six.
- In addition, the Online Game Development track has just added 'Bringing Disney's Marvel Super Hero Squad to Online Gamers' from The Amazing Society's Jason Robar, augmenting a host of valuable Asian speakers from companies including NetEase, Joyport, Kingsoft and XPEC, plus CCP on EVE Online, Riot Games on League Of Legends and Bigpoint on European online game success.
- The Indie Games Summit at GDC China includes a newly announced lecture from Joe Danger creator Hello Games' Grant Duncan on successful development and marketing tactics -- as well as lectures from Andy Schatz (Monaco), Erin Robinson (Puzzle Bots), an Osmos postmortem, and Chinese indie lectures from Coconut Island Studio and 4399.com.
- The Social Network Game Summit has added a talk by PopCap's Long Vo, 'How to Succeed in Social
- Finally, the Mobile Game Summit includes a notable talk from Rovio's Peter Vesterbacka on the firm's rapidly-expanding Angry Birds franchise, as well as lectures from notable companies in the iPhone, Android, and other cellphone space including PikPok, Gamevil and Noise Buffet.
These leading speakers join the host of announcements made in recent weeks, including the earlier confirmation of Blizzard, Flagship and Cryptic alumnus Bill Roper as one of the keynote speakers, plus serious games-centric talks including notables from Realtime Associates and NewGame Solution. In addition, a robust Expo Floor and the 2nd annual Independent Games Festival China - for which finalists have been announced and will be playable on the show floor - are additional reasons to visit the event.
GDC China's online registration ends on November 30th, and for more information about the Shanghai International Convention Center-based event, please visit the official GDC China website: http://www.gdcchina.com