Cash Prizes for the Best Gamers, PLUS Special Giveaways
Leading game center organization iGames to host a special online tournament to celebrate the release of“Gears of War” for Windows, featuring five new campaigns, new multiplayer modes and full Games for Windows– LIVE support for online multiplayer gameplay sessions.
December 15-16 online and at 16 select iGames centers
PRIZES + FREE STUFF:
The tournament is a 2-v-2 competition offering $3,000 in CASH prizes as well as giveaways for all Game Center participants. CEVO is providing additional promotional support.
Competitors will be able to compete from any of the Official 16 Game Centers, or from anywhere else over the Internet. Only players competing from Official Game Centers will receive the participation giveaways.
Up to 10 players (5 teams) per Game Center will each receive, simply for participating:
1 x Games for Windows T-Shirt (L or XL)
1 x Gears of War Custom Limited-Edition T-Shirt (L or XL)
1 x Three Month LIVE Gold Kit with Headset
1st: $750 (Team Total)
ABOUT THE GAME:
Gears of War, a Games for Windows title, features the amazing tactical action and multiplayer excitement found in the critically acclaimed Gears of War for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system that sold more than 4 million units, and a variety of all-new content, including three new multiplayer maps, a new multiplayer game type, Game Editor, five new campaign chapters and DirectX® 10 support.
Gears of War thrusts gamers into a deep and harrowing story of humankind's epic battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from the bowels of the planet.
With Gears of War, Epic Games returns gamers to the massively scoped worlds, memorable characters, cooperative gameplay and hyper-realistic combat that gamers have come to expect from the franchise, plus a few new surprises.
• Frag-filled new content. Gears of War will feature locations that are unique to the franchise and the genre. Players will encounter all their favorite foes from the Xbox 360 version; however, these intense encounters will take place in some new environments and allow players to manipulate the new game modes and technology found only in the Games for Windows title. Boasting three new multiplayer maps, a new multiplayer game type, Game Editor, five new campaign chapters and DirectX 10 support, Gears of War, will challenge and push the limits of the PC gaming experience and provide an unparalleled visual presentation.
• Engaging and disturbing cinematic story. Movie-like cut scenes, cinematic camera moves and in-game storytelling bring the brutal, emotionally charged narrative to life. Gamers control Marcus Fenix and his fire team as they pit advanced technology against the overwhelming and horrific Locust Horde.
• Unmatched online gaming. Gears of War will tap into the power of Games for Windows— LIVE to deliver online matchmaking for its Gold account members. The service will enable gamers around the world to connect via their PCs, allowing players to experience individualized matchmaking, view player statistics, earn player Achievements, customize games and create personalized profiles.
• New Game Editor. The game will also feature the all-new Game Editor, guaranteeing new user-generated content in the future. The Gears of War community will be able to tap its endless creative potential to develop an unlimited number of user-created levels through complete access to the Unreal Editor. Using the new engine, players can now import custom artwork into the engine, create particle systems, scripted encounters, cinematics and more.
• Astounding visuals in next-generation gaming. Gears of War ushers in the next generation with incredible visuals, pushing DirectX 10 visual designs and bringing out the smallest details in the largest battle. Gamers experience a rich, dynamic world with a supreme level of detail. Characters come to life with unbelievable model quality and a physics-integrated animation system that has them truly reacting intelligently to events unfolding around them.
• Hyper-realistic and intense combat. In Gears of War the battlefield is a lethal place— to foolishly stand out in the open is to invite an untimely demise. To survive, gamers must employ strategy, take cover using the interactive and dynamic environments, and suppress the enemy with blind fire, using their weapons and teammates to outwit and outfight their terrifying enemies.
Gears of War for Windows is rated“M” for“Mature” with descriptors Blood and Gore, Mild Language, Violence, by the ESRB and comes with a MSRP of $49.99. For more information about the title, visit: http://www.gearsofwar.com.
For more information and a complete list of iGames game centers hosting this event, including signup information, visit http://www.igames.org/gow or contact the iGames events team at email@example.com.
iGames, Inc. offers a wide range of services to help independent and franchised game centers. iGames’ mission is to promote and develop the growth of the game center industry. Its services unite game centers with the goal of establishing them as the driving force enabling the interactive entertainment industry to become the number one form of entertainment around the world. iGames has established strong relationships with industry leaders to provide a wide variety of products, services and programs to member game centers and gamers including software licensing, hardware discounts, exclusive game premieres, tournaments, and game nights. Today the company counts well over 500 centers and 1.2 million gamers, initiating and co-organizing more than 200 events a year. To learn more about iGames, go to www.igames.org.
Bill Lessard / iGames / firstname.lastname@example.org / 914.476.6089