This Release's Tags
App, App Store, Apple, Mobile, Mobile gaming, Wireless, iOS, iPad App, iPhone App
VANCOUVER - October 13, 2011
Indie developer Hothead Games today announced the launch of Gem King, a hilarious, free peg-blasting and gem-collecting puzzle game for iPhone and iPad.
Your loyal and surprisingly resilient Minions will do anything to bring you riches! Aim carefully and kick them into the mines and your Minions will bounce and ping off pegs like pinballs. Their ultimate goal is to collect as many gems for their King as possible.
Collect enough gems to progress through the levels and earn your Gem–Encrusted Crown and other royal attire to dress up and become the Gem King!
Gem King has also received iOS 5 update treatment, bringing some new key features to users. The game supports iCloud for game save files, full Twitter integration and Airplay Mirroring, which allows users to control the game on their iPad 2 or iPhone 4S and watch the gem collecting goodness unfold on their HDTV via Apple TV.
- Hours of play: 36 levels over 3 different worlds!
- Earn Bronze, Silver, and Gold medals in each level for Coin rewards!
- Win coins and collect gems to progress through the levels!
- Fire, Ice, Rock, Multiplier, Splitter, Countdown and Explosive pegs make each level unique and challenging!
- Dress up the Gem King as you play, with the Royal Monocle, the Stately Moustache or the ultimate prize—the Gem-Encrusted Crown.
Full list of features:
- Universal App for iPhone and iPad.
- iCloud support--continue your progress on any iOS 5 capable device that you own.
- Full twitter integration - tweet your progress or best score to your followers.
- Airplay Mirroring
- Game Center enabled with Achievements and Leaderboards.
- Retina display graphics.
For more information about Hothead Games, visit: www.hotheadgames.com
Hothead Games, headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, is an emotionally secure independent developer and publisher of groundbreaking downloadable titles. Maybe we don’t have a “make your own ice-cream sandwich bar” like some other game companies, but Hothead has brought to life original games such as the scientist-approved DeathSpank and the award-winning Swarm. Hothead is partnering with cool indie studios to bring games like Braid to new platforms and new audiences. We also like to stand near really ugly people so that we appear more attractive ourselves. Check us out at www.hotheadgames.com.