London 14 th October 2001 – The release of “Forza Motorsport 4” today ushers in a new dawn for racing games and automotive entertainment. Developed by Turn 10 Studios and published by Microsoft Studios exclusively for Xbox 360, “Forza Motorsport 4” has set a new industry standard in this latest installment to the acclaimed “Forza Motorsport” franchise, the highest rated racing franchise of its generation.
Featuring stunning graphics, heart racing action and unrivaled gameplay, “Forza Motorsport 4” redefines the automotive experience. Igniting the automotive passion and spirit in gamers and car lovers around the globe, “Forza Motorsport 4” is one of 2011’s top rated games to date* and has been met with critical acclaim.Preview the action by downloading an all-new launch trailer here.
“Forza Motorsport 4” is available in a Standard Edition (£49.99at all participating retailers) and Limited Collector’s Edition (£59.99 available from GAME and Gamestation only). The Limited Collector’s Edition offers exclusive content, including the “American Muscle” Car Pack, “Launch Bonus” Car Pack and “VIP” Car Pack, other downloadable content and VIP membership status.
The limited quantity “Launch Bonus” Car Pack is available for fans who purchase either the Standard Edition or Limited Collector’s Edition early and includes five cars:
· 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
· 2011 Koenigsegg Agera
· 1997 Lexus SC300
· 2011 RUF RGT-8
· 2011 Tesla Roadster Sport
For the ultimate day one experience, fans can purchase the “American Muscle” Car Pack for 560 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE. The “American Muscle” Car Pack includes:
· 1965 Pontiac GTO
· 1968 Pontiac Firebird
· 1970 Buick GSX
· 1970 Dodge Cornet Super Bee
· 1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
· 1969 Shelby GT500 428CJ
· 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
· 1967 Dodge Cornet W023
· 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
· 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
Delivering automotive action like never before, “Forza Motorsport 4” gameplay features include:
· Platform Defining Graphics. Featuring dramatic Hollywood-style camera effects and an all new lighting engine, “Forza Motorsport 4” creates an unparalleled, dramatically realistic graphical experience — all running at a silky-smooth 60 frames per second.
· Vibrant Online Community on Xbox LIVE.** “Forza Motorsport 4” is making racing more social than ever. Create a Car Club and build the ultimate dream team of drivers, tuners and painters from the “Forza” community. Share your passion for cars and dominate the other clubs. With the all-new Rivals Mode, play against your friends whether they’re online or not by challenging them for bragging rights and rewards in a variety of different game types.
· Top Gear Integration. Whether you’re listening to Jeremy Clarkson’s unique take in Autovista, taking a spin in the Kia Cee’d on the Top Gear Test Track, or playing car soccer with 15 of your closest friends online, you can enjoy the BBC’s Top Gear, which is integrated throughout “Forza Motorsport 4” in entertaining, informative and perhaps even surprising ways.
· Controller-free Innovation with Kinect for Xbox 360. Autovista Mode brings the automotive experience to life. Walk around the car in a virtual showroom, crouch down to look at the details, or open the doors and hood using the power of Kinect. Immerse yourself with Kinect Head Tracking, which pans the camera view based on how you naturally look into the corners when you’re hard charging. Take the virtual wheel with Kinect as you sit on the couch with your friends and family — no controller required. You can even take advantage of Kinect voice control to easily navigate the game’s menu.
· Hundreds of Cars to Race, Collect and Tune. With more than 80 manufacturers, the most in any racing game available today, “Forza Motorsport 4” features unrivaled diversity and more of the cars you love. The all new World Tour Mode boasts new tracks, unending choice and hundreds of hours of gameplay as you travel the globe with your favourite car. With the most accurate physics engine, cockpits and damage on every car, and assists that allow even the most casual player to race, “Forza Motorsport 4” redefines the genre.
· Free Trial with Xbox LIVE Demo: For those who want to test drive “Forza Motorsport 4” first, the Xbox LIVE demo is available to download for free from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Forza-Motorsport-4-Demo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5389f0
· “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass: The “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass is your action-packed ticket to six game add-on packs as they’re released through the next year. Starting Oct. 11, players can purchase the Season Pass on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and at participating retailers for only 2,400 Microsoft points, redeemable for six game add-on packs, representing a 30 percent overall savings as compared to purchasing the content separately.
*“Forza Motorsport 4” is currently rated with an aggregate score of 91 out of 100 on Metacritic
**Xbox LIVE Gold Membership required for online multiplayer
Forza Motorsport 4 is rated PEGI 3
Launch assets for the Forza Motorsport 4 world’s most expensive car park can be found here:
A roll - low res - FINAL.mov – Online b-roll
For consumer media enquiries, please contact:
Baz Singh / 020 3047 4024 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Claire Edwards / 020 3047 2340 / Claire_edwards@jcpr.com
For Xbox 360 specialist media enquiries:
About Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is a premier home entertainment and video game system. With the addition of Kinect, Xbox 360 will forever transform social gaming and entertainment with a whole new way to play — no controller required. Xbox 360 is also home to the best and broadest games as well as the largest on-demand library of music, standard- and high-definition movies, TV shows and digital games, all in one place. The entertainment centre of the living room, Xbox 360 blends unbeatable content with a network of 35 million XboxLIVE members to create a limitless entertainment experience that can be shared at home or across the globe. More information about Xbox 360 can be found online at http://www.xbox.com.
About Xbox LIVE
Xbox LIVE is the online entertainment service for your Xbox 360, connecting you to an ever-expanding world of games, movies, music, sports and social entertainment. Xbox LIVE lets you play the best games, enjoy the largest on-demand library on any console, listen to millions of songs and share the fun with friends around the world. Xbox LIVE is now also available on Windows Phone 7 putting the power of connected entertainment in the palm of your hand. Xbox LIVE is the exclusive home of controller-free online entertainment through Kinect, making your Xbox 360 more intuitive and interactive than ever before. With an active community of 35 million people across 35 countries, Xbox LIVE provides you with instant access to the entertainment you want, shared with the people you care about. More information about Xbox LIVE can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/live.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft News Center at http://www.microsoft.com/news. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/news/contactpr.mspx