BOULDER, COLORADO-Febuary 18, 2010 - New independent iPhone game publisher 10 and 2 Studios today announced their initial game, GeoPlay™ Golf. The application takes advantage of the iPhone's GPS capabilities to create virtual golf courses based on the players real world coordinates. Using the iPhone's motion sensor, players actively use their real golf swing through grass, traps and water hazards on traditional or themed courses for instant entertainment on the go. Developed by TriLight Studios, GeoPlay Golf is now available for download on the App Store at:
"By encompassing the motion sensor and GPS capabilities, GeoPlay Golf lets players take full advantage of the gadget fun their iPhone offers," said Matthew Cooke, head caddy at 10 and 2.
• Play anywhere. Create a course around your house, at the office, or on a real golf course.
• Use the iPhone's GPS feature to create a virtual tee and hole locations using real space.
• Customize your course with up to 18 holes.
• Five virtual world courses include traditional and fantasy options such as the moon, a snow village and a beautiful farm with 15 course choices.
• Automatically scales course distance between the start and end locations that you set with GPS.
• Game analyzes swing strength using iPhone accelerometers and ball direction on three planes, calculating length of shot as well as hook or slice, allowing you to swing the phone like a club.
• Saves your game so you can take calls and not worry about losing your place.
• Uses a 3D game engine to show you the golf course while interconnecting with the GPS and accelerometers.
• Uses Google maps to give you accurate view of your golf course.
GeoPlay Golf is optimized for the current generation of iPhones. First generation iPhone and iPod Touch allows for play without the GPS feature.
To download GeoPlay Golf art and screenshots please visit http://geoplaygolf.com/?page_id=30
About 10 and 2 Studios
10 and 2 Studios, LLC was established in March 2009, and specializes in creating innovative and entertaining iPhone games and applications. Their first game is GeoPlay Golf which uses the iPhone's GPS capabilities to create a virtual gaming experience.