The Netherlands -- Octoer 1, 2012 -- Lukas Hoenderdos (Rejected Games) & Ricardo de Zoete (RZDESIGN) just announced their first game coming to iOS and Android. An Alien with a Magnet. An Alien with a Magnet will be an unique game filled with action-packed, magnetized & arcade-style gameplay in an extraterrestrial package starring an alien who crashed into a planet.
Take control of this alien and his spaceship and get him back to his home planet using a magnet which he attached onto his spaceship. Get ready to explore multiple galaxies, using your magnet to orbit around colorful and unique planets to get to your goal. But look out for dark holes and asteroids blocking your path, they won’t do any good to you and your spaceship!
Besides the adventure mode, you can also play the two bonus modes which will keep you busy for even more hours of fun gameplay! Beat your friends in the online leaderboards with Star Rush and get until the last level in the color mode.
Expect this fun and amazing new iOS game arriving on your iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad around Q1 2013!
Once upon a time there was an alien, traveling outer-space and doing its thing. Suddenly his spaceship was pulled strongly towards one of the planets. In all his powers he tried to pull up, but the he couldn’t prevent the inevitable from happening...
Then it went all black. After a while he wakes up by a voice coming from the spaceship. “Error. Error. Error.”
After an inspection the spaceship body appears to be in reasonable state but he found the engine to be completely destroyed. After searching the entire planet, all he found was the cause of his crash: a giant magnet. It was pulling all metal to the planet, including the spaceship.
“But wait a minute. What would happen if I would use that...?”
Ricardo: ”An Alien with a Magnet is the first project where I have the opportunity to show a bit more of my imagination and humor, graphic- and story wise. Also I am really glad I can work with Lukas, because of his experience in the gaming industry and also his knowledge of development in Unity. Thanks to that, this game will also be my first steps on other platforms besides iOS”
Lukas: ”After leaving my day job, this is what Rejected Games should be all about: creating fun and crazy games, like An Alien with a Magnet. I am glad to have met Ricardo, he truly is a brilliant artist with an amazing eye for characters. Combining his ideas together with my vision, caused us to get to a point to where we sat down and brainstormed for a new game. In those brainstorms we came up with a lot of fresh ideas and one of them was this concept that has a lot of potential and led us to An Alien with a Magnet. “
- An unique game including action-packed, magnetized & arcade-style gameplay that’s only possible in outer space!
- Help our alien to get back to his home planet using the only tool he got working on his spaceship: a magnet.
- Its easy, the single touch gameplay that will get you started instantly!
- Including three unique and action-packed game modes
- Adventure mode: 20+ amazing levels filled with an adventure you won’t forget.
- Star Rush: An unique galaxy, filled with hundreds of stars which you must collect within the time you get. Try to be the best on the leaderboards and beat your friends.
- Do you love colors? Aliens do! That is why he will start coloring multiple random generated black & white galaxies in different colorful colors in the special color mode!
- Beautiful high resolution visuals and professional looking artwork throughout the game.
- Fully packed with leaderboard rankings and over 30+ achievements.
- Developed in Unity. Expect the game to be launched on iOS and Android.
Lukas Hoenderdos is a game developer at heart and likes getting his hands deep in code. After four years of working in the game industry at an award winning studio, he decided it was time to go independent and started his own company, Rejected Games. An Alien with a Magnet will be it’s first released title.
Ricardo de Zoete is an artist who has started his career as a illustrator, creating different mascots for small Dutch companies. He’s graduated as a Animation & Games designer. During his study he working as an intern at the same award winning studio as Lukas, where they actually first met each other. He was also working as a Visual Designer at his freelance company called RZDESIGN. After all that he decided to fully submerge into creating games himself.
His first game was Push Panic! which which was a collaboration with Barry Kostjens, released on iOS and has been downloaded over 2 million copies since then. An Alien with a Magnet is going to be his second big title for iOS and also his first game for other platforms.
Expected Release Date