GUILDFORD, UK. – October 5, 2011 – Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that EA SPORTS™ NBA JAM: On Fire Edition - an all-new, full-product digital download - is now available to purchase for £12.99 on PlayStation®Network and 1200 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE® Arcade. NBA JAM: On Fire Edition features exciting new gameplay enhancements, including ground-breaking artificial intelligence (AI), all-new online modes, and the legendary Tim Kitzrow bringing more unforgettable calls.
In addition, outside of the 30 current NBA teams gamers will have the ability to select from a host of secret teams, unlockable characters, mascots, legendary and international players.
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition contains new gameplay features including:
· Tag Mode and Team Fire return! – Swap players “on the fly” and ignite your entire team by performing consecutive cooperative moves!
· REAL AI – Featuring the ground-breaking AI system used in the Fight Night franchise that learns your tendencies and uses it against you.
· JAM Arena – Play solo, or team up with friends and take on the world in a new, dynamic online competition.
· Road Trip – A cooperative online campaign where you can team up with friends and compete in a series of challenges against superstars and timeless legends from all 30 NBA teams.
· Razzle Dazzle – Fancy moves that allow you to creatively express yourself while you’re in the middle of a game.
· More NBA JAM Hotness – Online roster updates, more NBA superstars, legendary NBA players, over-the-top animations, JAM challenges, secret teams and unlockable characters than ever before!
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition is rated “E” for Everyone by the ESRB and 3+ by PEGI. For more information visit www.facebook.com/NBAJAM, www.easports.com/nbajam, or follow www.twitter.com/NBAJAM. Screenshots and videos are available at http://info.ea.com.
EA SPORTS™ is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers experiences that ignite the emotions of sport through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA JAM Basketball, NCAA® Football and NCAA Basketball, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf , and EA SPORTS Active.
For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company’s game franchises are offered as both packaged goods products and online services delivered through Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 100 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal 2011, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.6 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster franchises such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield, and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at http://info.ea.com.
EA, EA SPORTS, EA SPORTS Active, EA Mobile, and POGO are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. John Madden, NFL, FIFA, NHL, NBA, NCAA, Tiger Woods, PGA TOUR are trademarks of their respective owners and used with permission. PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Contact: Keith Hennessey