New York, NY– March 25, 2010– Giant Realm, Inc. ( www.GiantRealm.com), a leader in delivering young male first movers to advertisers via its Publisher Group of premier entertainment enthusiast communities, today released the results of The Giant Realm Gamer Lifestyle Study.
Administered earlier this month to more than 2,700 men aged 18-34 years, the survey found that three-quarters (75%) of respondents have at least one gaming console in their home. The survey found that gamers have active social lives. In fact, gamers are more likely than non-gamers to go out to eat, check out movies and hit the dating scene– suggesting that contrary to popular belief, gamers as a whole aren’t overweight, acne-ridden young men who have a penchant for junk food and have a shrinking circle of anti-social friends. Instead, the survey suggests that gamers are community influencers and leaders.
Here’s where gamers win:
• More than half of gamers (57%) say they are the first one asked by family and friends about the latest video game releases, movie releases, TV shows to watch and their opinion on electronics and computers
• Two-thirds (67.4%) of gamers have gone out with friends in the past week, compared to 54.9% of non-gamers.
• Gamers are more likely than non-gamers to use a number of personal care/grooming products, including deodorant, shaving products, body wash, disposable razors and hair grooming/styling products.
• Gamers are even more likely than non-gamers to hit the gym (28.1% vs. 22.1%).
• One-third of gamers have gone out on a date in the past week compared to only one-quarter of non-gamers (35.6% vs. 25.1%).
In addition, gamers actively seek out online reviews on a variety of products, including video games, movie releases, electronic and computer gadgets and more. A quarter of gamers (25%) claim they have written an online review, and among gamers 25-34 years who can be categorized as“heavy gamers” a third (33%) have written an online review.
“Gamers are the leaders and innovators of today,” said James Green, President of Giant Realm.“They are social, they are more active online than any other segment of society and they are more likely to influence their peers than the other way around. All of which is great news for advertisers and publishers– and Giant Realm specifically aggregates these guys because of their amazing ability to promote products that they love.”
About Giant Realm
Giant Realm, Inc. is a rapidly-growing media company that helps marketers reach the coveted and elusive 18 to 34-year old male online. Exclusively representing a publisher group of more than 70 premium destinations, Giant Realm delivers authentic content and caters to communities across a variety of popular entertainment categories. Launched in 2007 and originally focused on video game communities, the company has expanded into film, television, sports, comics, humor and lifestyle. Giant Realm currently reaches 60 million guys worldwide every month and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Burst Media Corporation. Visit www.giantrealm.com for more information.
# # #