San Mateo, Calif.- December 17, 2009– Glu Mobile Inc. (Nasdaq: GLUU), a leading global publisher of mobile games, today announced the availability of its Glyder 2 App on the App Store. In Glyder 2, players use iPhone or iPod touch to guide the game’s heroine Eryn, and her unique handmade glider, on a quest to explore and unlock new lands. The sequel builds on the original with six new fantastical worlds, robust customization features and the addition of challenges and puzzles.
“We are excited about the Glyder 2 App and highly anticipate adding it to the list of successful original Glu games like Super K.O. Boxing and Stranded,” said Alex Galvagni, CTO&SVP Global Product Development, Glu.“The accelerometer is just one feature of the iPhone and iPod touch that has inspired our creativity during development and we're proud of the exceptional gameplay Glyder 2 delivers to users."
Glyder 2 follows the success of the original version, Glyder, which reached the Top 5 of the App Store’s Top Paid Apps in several markets around the world including the US, UK and Japan. This game’s unique open game play, expansive world of flight, and pick-up-and-play fun appeal to a wide range of game enthusiasts, from hardcore to casual gamers.
• Six New Worlds– journey through the six exciting worlds: Oasis, Arctasia, Magma Core, Spiral Heights, Sporelle and Ascension.
• Robust Customizable Wardrobe– unlock unique wings - each with their own unique flying properties - and special outfits, some with special abilities like boost crystal storage!
• New Challenges And Puzzles– fly to Perpetua for a completely unique experience flying faster and faster through an obstacle course. Players can master the flight path and record their best scores in all new trips, which include waypoint rings for exciting new routes around each world.
• More Collectables And Rewards– complete 24 Goals, collect over 400 crystals, and earn over 35 achievements to unlock all of the hidden secrets scattered throughout the world.
Features in the first update include:
• Facebook Features– in the new world, Isle of Friendship, gamers are able to log in to Facebook to upload their status for“friend points.” Friend points are earned by collecting crystals, completing goals, earning achievements, and by having Facebook friends who are also Glyder gamers.
• Unlockable Rewards - accumulate“friend points” to grow towers at different point milestones. As the tower grows, new wings, outfits and achievements will be unlocked.
Glyder 2 is now available worldwide for£2.39 on the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
For more information, including review code opportunities, please contact:-
Keef Sloan, Peppermint P
t: +44 (0) 207 240 2645
m: +44 (0) 7973 614302
About Glu Mobile
Glu (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global publisher of mobile games. Its portfolio of top-rated games includes original titles Bonsai Blast, Brain Genius, Glyder, Stranded, Super K.O. Boxing! and titles based on major brands from partners including Activision, Atari, Fox Mobile Entertainment, Harrah's, Hasbro, Konami, Microsoft, PlayFirst, PopCap Games, SEGA, Sony and Warner Bros. Founded in 2001, Glu is based in San Mateo, Calif. and has offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Poland, Russia and Spain. Consumers can find high-quality, fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the 'g' character logo or at www.glu.com.
# # #
BONSAI BLAST, BRAIN GENIUS, GLU, GLU MOBILE, STRANDED, SUPER K.O. BOXING! and the 'g' character logo are trademarks of Glu Mobile Inc.