San Mateo, Calif.- February 25, 2010– Glu Mobile Inc. (Nasdaq: GLUU), a leading global publisher of mobile games, today announced the worldwide availability of the highly anticipated TRANSFORMERS G1: Awakening App on the App Store. This app represents the second title that Glu has developed and published on the App Store based on the TRANSFORMERS franchise, under license from Hasbro (NYSE:HAS).
“The new version of TRANSFORMERS G1: Awakening App offers players another great Glu title that takes advantage of the powerful gaming capabilities of these devices,” said Alex Galvagni, CTO&SVP Global Product Development, Glu.“By making this game available on the App Store we have been able to bring immersive 3D animations and gameplay to the epic battles between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS.”
Features of the app include:
• 23 Characters from the original series - play as AUTOBOTS, including BUMBLEBEE, OPTIMUS PRIME, RATCHET and IRONHIDE, and try to defeat the most infamous DECEPTICON villains, including MEGATRON, STARSCREAM, SOUNDWAVE and FRENZY! Get familiar with the unique properties each character has with its weaponry, while exploring each robot’s strengths and weaknesses.
• 17 Levels In Story Mode - follow the famous TRANSFORMERS story as you battle through 17 episodes of strategic action.
• Fight For Good Or Evil - fight on either side of the epic battles in the CYBERTRON Arena mode and even challenge a friend.
• Rich 3D Graphics - get ready to fight exceptionally detailed robots, and experience spectacular special effects and beautiful animated scenes, all in 3D
• Convert Your Robot - convert into vehicle mode to travel faster and convert into robot mode to get ready for battle
• Their War, Your Music - access your music library from within the game and play it as background music
The TRANSFORMERS G1: Awakening App is available worldwide for $4.99/£2.99 on the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
About Glu Mobile
Glu (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global publisher of mobile games. Its portfolio of top-rated games includes original titles Beat It!, Bonsai Blast, Brain Genius, Glyder, Stranded, Super K.O. Boxing! and titles based on major brands from partners including Activision, Atari, Fox Mobile Entertainment, Harrah's, Hasbro, Konami, Microsoft, PlayFirst, PopCap Games, SEGA, Sony and Warner Bros. Founded in 2001, Glu is based in San Mateo, Calif. and has offices in Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, England,France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Russia and Spain. Consumers can find high-quality, fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the 'g' character logo or at www.glu.com.
About Hasbro, Inc.
Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, CRANIUM and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com.© 2010 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
# # #
BONSAI BLAST, BRAIN GENIUS, GLU, GLU MOBILE, STRANDED, SUPER K.O. BOXING! and the 'g' character logo are trademarks of Glu Mobile Inc.
HASBRO and its logo, TRANSFORMERS, the logo and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission.© 2010 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.