San Mateo, Calif.– March 11, 2010– Glu Mobile Inc. (Nasdaq: GLUU), a leading global publisher of mobile games, today announced the availability of its How to Train Your Dragon™: Flight of the Night Fury App on the App Store. The app, for iPhone and iPod touch, is based on the upcoming DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA) film, How To Train Your Dragon, which will be released in theaters on March 26, 2010. This marks the third mobile game to be developed and published by Glu based on DreamWorks Animation’s hit films, following the releases of Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa™ and Monsters vs. Aliens™.
The family-friendly game hurls players through the skies above the mythical world of Vikings, across the sea and unexplored lands and into the depths of subterranean caves below. On the back of Toothless, the sleek and stealthy Night Fury Dragon, Hiccup, the Viking teenager, must use what he learns in Dragon Training to form a unique bond with his new friend and master the art of flying.
“We are excited to once again be working with DreamWorks Animation to bring the action and adventure of the How to Train Your Dragon movie onto the App Store,” said Alex Galvagni, CTO&SVP Global Product Development, Glu.“The film features key elements that make a great mobile game—imagination, exploration, unique characters and a creative storyline.”
• Flight– Soar through the skies while dashing through challenging obstacle courses and searching out ethereal Dragon Paths only visible to a dragon and its rider
• Exploration - Journey across the Isle of Berk and surrounding environments from the expanded world of How to Train Your Dragon
• Achievements - Challenge your abilities by completing different tasks, besting the fastest flight times, and secretly carrying out missions to help the Viking village
• 3D World - Experience beautiful 3D flying while performing diving spin maneuvers, ascending to the highest peaks and scanning the horizons from atop the dragon’s perches
• Unlockable Extras - Unlock secret achievements, including film stills and cheat code bonuses
The How to Train Your Dragon: Flight of the Night Fury App is available for $2.99 from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
About Glu Mobile
Glu (NASDAQ:GLUU) is a leading global publisher of mobile games for feature phones and smartphones. Its portfolio of top-rated games includes original titles Beat It!, Bonsai Blast, Brain Genius, Glyder, Stranded, Super K.O. Boxing! and titles based on major brands from partners including Activision, Atari, Fox Mobile Entertainment, Harrah's, Hasbro, Konami, Microsoft, PlayFirst, PopCap Games, SEGA, Sony and Warner Bros. Founded in 2001, Glu is based in San Mateo, Calif. and has offices in Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Russia and Spain. Consumers can find high-quality, fresh entertainment created exclusively for their mobile phones wherever they see the 'g' character logo or at www.glu.com. For live updates, please follow Glu via Twitter at www.twitter.com/glumobile or become a Glu fan at Facebook.com/glumobile.
# # #
BONSAI BLAST, BRAIN GENIUS, GLU, GLU MOBILE, STRANDED, SUPER K.O. BOXING! and the 'g' character logo are trademarks of Glu Mobile Inc.