RALEIGH, N.C. (May 31, 2012) – Gamebase, USA, a subsidiary of Gamebase Co., Ltd, announced that Gorilla Banana is using the Gamebryo engine for Red Blood, an epic online action adventure game inspired by and based on one of the most popular Korean comic book series. The game will be available on PC and is set to release in 2012.
Red Blood immerses players in a MMORPG environment with a ‘Free to Play’ premium item advancement model. The story and art are inspired by the rich mythos of the highly successful and long-running Korean comic book series Red Blood. Based in the far-flung post apocalyptic future, the world is a changed land where science and magic coexist, and humanity is split amongst four continents - each allied with separate gods and religions decreeing conflicting ideas of the apocalypse.
Red Blood features:
- Dungeon exploring, brawling, item gathering, weapon crafting and player adventuring.
- Stage Automation dungeon system offering a more varied experience for players where thousands of dungeons are automatically created.
- Pet system allowing players to capture companion pets and train them to increase their character strength.
- Family system that supports players to create additional characters boosting the power of each character.
- Eight occupations to choose from including Knight, Warrior, Elementalist and Hunter.
About Gorilla Banana
Established in April 2006 by Musik Jung, the founding chairman of the Korean Game Developers Association, Gorilla Banana is comprised of a ‘who’s who’ list of game designers, programmers and artists in the Korean game development industry. Gorilla Banana’s focus is on creating free to play, non-subscription Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games while delivering a unique and profound entertainment experience to players.
About Gamebase USA
Based in the Research Triangle Park region of North Carolina, Gamebase USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Gamebase Co. Ltd. Gamebase Co. Ltd. is headquartered in Seoul, Korea. Gamebase USA is the developer of Gamebryo, a 3D game engine that is available for development on all major platforms. Gamebryo, LightSpeed, and related logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Gamebase Co., Ltd. in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners. For more information about Gamebryo, please visit http://www.gamebryo.com.