London, UK – 18th October 2013, 11am UK – The wait is over! After listening to a wealth of feedback from fans all around the world, Simon Read is bringing a gargantuan update to the critically acclaimed, BAFTA award-winning New Star Soccer, including for the first time ever the option to be a female player!
With a remodeled career structure, which adds up to three save slots, New Star Soccer 1.5 allows players to retire in their prime. Not ready to retire? You’ll need to keep on top of your deteriorating skills to keep up with the youngsters! Affecting both on and off-pitch activity, New Star Soccer 1.5 is a total game changer.
On the pitch, focused play allows for a more strategic approach to matches, be it aggressive attacking, defending, or a more balanced play-style, while the introduction of headers change up the game and create new challenges for seasoned New Star Soccer fans. New boots bring with them swerve control, allowing skilled players to manipulate the ball in real time, bending it like only Beckham ever could! Additional commentary and all new post-match headlines are also included to up the authenticity.
Off the pitch there are all new lifestyle items for purchase, an updated league structure for the new season, and an overhauled interface including new artwork and pre-match location maps for all stadiums. Along with the ability for newcomers to play totally free until they decide to turn pro, New Star Soccer is bigger and better than ever before!
Full update list below:
New game content / changes:
• New boots! New Swerve feature added to premium boots.
• New Energy Drink! (NRG Bolt - increases energy plus 3 relationships and 3 skills.)
• Choose differently focussed play during matches – attacking, defensive or balanced.
• Defenders now close you down whilst you aim your shot.
• Replenish your energy during a game.
• New lifestyle items to purchase.
• Three save game slots.
• Skills deteriorate over time, and the older you get, the more you have to keep on top of your skills.
• Retirement option. Choose the optimal time to retire before your skills deteriorate and you start to ruin the memory of your past achievements. Includes career score and various achievements.
• Additional commentary to add variety.
• Hire a personal trainer, recover quicker, have more energy.
• Get yourself an agent and improve your contracts!
• New newspaper headlines, incidents etc.
• All new game achievements.
• All new audio.
• New footballs each with their own attributes.
• Lots of UI tweaks and improvements, short-cuts and time-savers.
• New pre-match location screen.
• New player awards (player of the year, young player of the year etc.)
• Updated league structure information for new 2013-2014 football season.
• Male / Female select!
• New unlockable ‘hard mode’ for the seasoned veterans!
• Night time matches.
• Twitter and Facebook integration.
• iPhone 5 aspect ratio support.
• Retina resolution artwork.
• Full localisation for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian, Turkish, Portuguese, Russian *NEW, Chinese *NEW, Japanese *NEW, Korean *NEW
Released across iOS, Android and Flash in March 2012, New Star Soccer has been downloaded over 3 million times, reaching number one in the UK iPhone App Store in June 2012 and has received glowing reviews across the board:
? Eurogamer - App of the Day - "The best football game on mobile and tablets"
? The Sun - 5/5 - "A pristine game"
? Sunday Times - 5/5- "So engrossing you'll be playing until your phone battery dies"
Almost 30,000 user reviews with an average 4.7/5!
The multi award winning New Star Soccer is available now from the Apple App Store for iOS devices, and from the Google Play Store for Android devices.
For up to date info on New Star Soccer, follow @newstargames on Twitter.
For more information, please contact Lunch PR