Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC.
Developer: Polyphony Digital Inc.
Platform: PlayStation ® 3 system
Genre: Racing / Driving Simulator
Players: 1– 4 Local, up to 16 online
Rating: RP - Rating Pending
From Polyphony Digital Inc. (PDI), the development powerhouse that has shipped more than 55 million units worldwide, the award-winning Gran Turismo ® franchise makes its way to the PlayStation ® 3 (PS3 ® ) system in the first complete installment of the fan-favorite series on the console. Developed exclusively for PS3 by the internal team of designers and engineers at PDI, Gran Turismo ® 5 brings the world’s most realistic and comprehensive driving experience to fans in one of the most highly anticipated games of all time. Consistently setting the bar in terms of quality of design and physics technology with every product release, Gran Turismo 5 on PS3 is no exception and aims to set new standards in terms of graphics, presentation, and gameplay.
Gran Turismo 5 features more than 1000 licensed cars from the world’s top manufacturers and more than 20 tracks with more than 70 variations, including famous world circuits, city courses, and other environments. Featuring exciting gameplay and modes to suit newcomers, automotive enthusiasts, and seasoned fans, Gran Turismo 5 raises the bar on the franchise’s depth of content and unparalleled visuals including lifelike graphics that are difficult to distinguish from a live race. Further reflecting this realism, cars will feature real-time visual damage with adaptive and accurate car deformation based on point of impact and velocity. Additionally for the first time, Gran Turismo 5 will feature an extremely deep online and community feature set.
Players can progress and acquire credits through a variety of modes like GT Career Mode, Championship Races, License Tests and more, or they can explore different tracks and circuit variations in Arcade Mode. Additionally, players can race online with up to 16 players through PlayStation Network ® (PSN). Players can also participate in a robust online system, and transfer vehicles unlocked in Gran Turismo ® for PSP TM into their garage in
Gran Turismo 5.
- more -
SCEA– Gran Turismo 5 fact sheet
CARS THAT LOOK AND FEEL REAL
- <*>A first for the franchise, vehicles will now show real-time damage and wear that reflect the driver’s treatment of the car. Cars will collect dirt (and can be washed at car washes) and will feature adaptive and accurate body deformation and performance damage based on point of impact and velocity (on select vehicles).*> <*>Additional graphic touchups that add to the realism include smoke from tires, sparks that fly from vehicle rollovers, and dirt accumulation.*> <*>Brand new vehicle physics engine that replaces the engine from Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, making the action more realistic than ever.*> <*>PlayStation Eye camera features that add a new level of detail to the game, including face tracking for looking around the interior of vehicles while in the interior dash view.*>
MORE CARS, MORE TRACKS, MORE MODES
- <*>More than 1000 licensed cars, including those representing racing organizations from around the globe such as NASCAR, World Rally Championship, Super GT and more.*> <*>More than 20 tracks with more than 70 variations featuring famous world circuits and real-world city locales.*> <*>Arcade mode lets players take in the stunning tracks and environments of*>
- <*>The fan-favorite career mode returns with a full world map, licensed car dealerships, tuning and body shops, and car washes. Start your car collection, customize them to your liking, and live the life of a pro racer.*> <*>Compete in franchise mainstays like point-based Championship Race series and hone your skills with License Tests.*> <*>Gran Turismo TV Video gives players access to an online clearinghouse of great motorsport video programming (both HD and SD– all broadcast quality) through PLAYSTATION Network. Users can now export this content to the GT PSP Museum (GT PSP required).*>
CUSTOMIZE YOUR RIDE, AND YOUR GAME
- <*>Photo Mode and Photo Album allows users to capture their greatest GT moments, and share with friends. Players can stage and capture stylish shots from a number of angles and locations.*> <*>Photo Album can be shared online, and the Online Replay Album lets players capture replay video from their favorite races and upload them to YouTube for the world to see.*> <*>Players can create custom soundtracks from music stored on their PS3s to play in-game.*>
SCEA– Gran Turismo fact sheet
RACE AGAINST THE WORLD, ONLINE
- <*>Online racing evolves in Gran Turismo 5 with robust racing options that are shaping up to deliver the deepest online racing experience available.*> <*>Players can join in on public races featuring up to 16 players at once with text and voice chat, or host private races with lobbies supporting up to 32 players per lobby.*>
- <*>Players who own Gran Turismo PSP and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue can transfer cars unlocked in that game directly to their garage in Gran Turismo 5 for use in Arcade Mode through special cross-talk interoperability.*> <*>Gran Turismo 5 will feature full PSN Trophy support, making players’ accomplishments that much more satisfying.*>
About Gran Turismo TM
With more than 55 million units shipped worldwide, the award-winning Gran Turismo ® franchise for the PlayStation ® , PlayStation ® 2 computer entertainment system, PLAYSTATION ® 3 and now PSP ® (PlayStation ® Portable) is regarded as the best and most authentic driving simulator ever created due to its true-to-life graphics, authentic physics technology and design. Since the inception of the Gran Turismo franchise, famed creator Kazunori Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital Inc. in Japan have revolutionized the racing category as we know it today. His offerings provide the most realistic driving simulation in the industry and a unique medium for automotive manufacturers to showcase their products.
For more information, please contact:
Alex Armour Ron Eagle
"PlayStation", "PS" Family logo, and "PSP" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Gran Turismo TM/© 2009 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Manufacturers, cars, names, brands and associated imagery featured in this game in some cases include trademarks and/or copyrighted materials of their respective owners.
"UMD" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.