March 10th 2009
Grant Thornton UK LLP, the leading financial and business adviser, has joined Tiga. The Grant Thornton Technology Group will be of particular interest to Tiga members. The Group has a strong track record of providing advisory services to dynamic, technology-based businesses. These services include corporate finance, project finance, business planning, taxation and audit. The Technology Group provides a coordinated range of services at every stage of business development.
Sam Vanags, Head of the Grant Thornton R&D tax credit team said:
"We are delighted to join Tiga and look forward to helping members realise the full potential of their businesses. The wealth of experience we have in the sector means we can offer practical hands-on help on all business issues.
"Tax is a key area where Grant Thornton can help. Members should make sure they have maximised the company's claim for R&D tax relief as this provides valuable cash to games developers and should not be overlooked. With our strong relationships with the HMRC specialist R&D units we have a track record of success.
"Members are welcome to call me on 01865 799805 for free information on maximising their company's R&D claim. This relief can be obtained swiftly by the Grant Thornton team and members can opt for an agreement under which no fee is payable unless their claim is successful."
Richard Wilson, CEO of Tiga, said:
“It is a testament to the quality of our membership and the growing impetus behind Tiga that such an experienced commercial organisation like Grant Thornton UK LLP is keen to join Tiga. The Grant Thornton Technology Group will bring first class business advice to Tiga members.
“I am also confident that Sam Vanags will make a valuable contribution to Tiga’s planned Tax Group. The Tiga Tax Group will help to develop and to improve the quality of our fiscal proposals to Government and as such constitutes an important development of our lobbying capability.”
Notes to editors:
1. Tiga is the national trade association that represents games developers in the UK and in Europe. We have 154 members, the majority of whom are either independent games developers or in-house publisher owned developers. We also have outsourcing companies, technology businesses and university departments that are members.
2. Tiga’s vision is to make the UK the best place in the world to do games business. We focus on three sets of activities: political representation, generating media coverage and developing services that enhance the competitiveness of our members. This means that Tiga members are effectively represented in the corridors of power, their voice is heard in the media and they receive benefits that make a material difference to their businesses, including a reduction in costs and improved commercial opportunities.
3. Grant Thornton UK LLP is a leading financial and business adviser with 29 locations nationwide. Grant Thornton UK LLP is the UK member of Grant Thornton International, one of the world's leading organisations of independently owned and managed accounting and consulting firms providing assurance, tax and specialist business advice to privately held businesses and public interest entities. The strength of each local firm is reflected in the quality of the international organisation. All Grant Thornton International member firms share a commitment to providing the same high quality service to their clients wherever they choose to do business.
4. For further information about Grant Thornton please visit: www.grantthornton.co.uk Or contact Sam Vanags on:
Phone: 01865 799805
5. For further information about Tiga, please contact: Dr Richard Wilson, Tiga CEO on:
Phone: 0845 0941095
Mobile: 07875 939643