BRIGHTON, UK – 6 JULY, 2013: Continuing its commitment to delivering players new Guild Wars 2 content every two weeks, NCSOFT and ArenaNet are delighted to announce the Queen’s Jubilee going live today, 6 th July. The update is the third since ArenaNet officially adopted a two-week update schedule for Guild Wars 2, setting a pace unmatched by any Western studio and enhancing the game’s Living World through new and exciting content for players of all abilities.
In Queen’s Jubilee, players will celebrate 10 years of Queen Jennah’s rule by opting to take a hot air balloon to Divinity’s Reach, the capital of the human nation of Kryta, and home to the opening ceremony. Once there, players can join the festivities and compete in ceremonial combat in the Crown Pavilion, a new gladiatorial arena Queen Jennah has commissioned for the occasion.
Among the many other new events, rewards and features included in Queen’s Jubilee are the following:
· Hot Air Balloons: Queen Jennah’s court has sent hot air balloons to transport the inhabitants of Tyria to the celebration. Players can find the hot air balloons in the open world and hop on for a fun, quick and stylish ride to the party.
· The Opening Ceremony: Players can attend the dedication of the Crown Pavilion, a new gladiatorial arena the queen has commissioned for the celebration, and watch its inaugural contest.
· Enter the Crown Pavilion: Players will be tested in this new mini-zone that feature mighty representations of humanity’s enemies. Representing various cities of Tyria, players can be named champion of a nation and gain access to unique reward vendors.
· Fight in the Queen’s Gauntlet: In single combat, players can attempt to defeat increasingly difficult challenges against unique bosses. Taking risks with special gambit conditions will earn more prestigious rewards.
· Watchwork Mechanisms: Watchwork technology – the latest and greatest innovation in Tyria – becomes more important as players can use watchwork parts in new crafting recipes or as currency to buy items like new rune and sigil recipes, Watchknight tonics and the new Sovereign Weapon Set.
· Watchknight Mini: Completing the Queen’s Jubilee meta-achievement will earn players a miniature Watchknight modelled after the queen’s new mechanical sentinels.
· Account Wallet for Currency: Players can now keep all of their currencies in one wallet that makes dungeon tokens, coins, karma, laurels, Guild Commendations, Fractal Relics, Badges of Honour, gems and glory accessible to any of the characters on their account.
· PvP Solo Arena: With new Solo Arena, players can join PvP matches in a competitive environment without having to gather a full team or fight against a pre-formed group. The Solo Arena also features its own leaderboard, so that players can earn rank without affecting their Team Arena standings.
· Dungeons Bonus Rewards: Now, there’s even more incentive for braving the dungeons of Tyria. Each day, when finishing a unique path for any explorable or story dungeon, players will receive a bonus reward for completion, improving upon the existing system.
· Mini-Game Rotation System: Players can take part in the new, daily mini-game rotation that was promised by both of the Captain’s Council candidates in the previous update. The initial rotation includes Sanctum Sprint, Keg Brawl, Southsun Survival and Crab Toss.
NCSOFT®, headquartered in Seoul, Korea, is the world's premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games, including the critically acclaimed Aion®, Blade & Soul®, Lineage®, Guild Wars® and WildStar™ franchises. NCSOFT West is a division of NCSOFT that holds operating responsibilities for North America, Europe, South America and Australia/New Zealand. More information can be found at www.ncsoft.com.
About Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars® 2 is a visually stunning MMO that offers players the epic grandeur of a massive role playing environment combined with innovative combat mechanics, dynamic events, and customised personal storytelling. Building on the success of Guild Wars, NCSOFT and game developer ArenaNet™ have created an MMO that lets gamers play the way they want, while at the same time retaining the no-subscription-fee business model that made the original Guild Wars so popular. For more information about Guild Wars 2, visit www.guildwars2.com.