As part of its continued interest in chronicling the world of video game achievements and accomplishments, Guinness World Records™ will be closely watching the release of Grand Theft Auto IV as a potential record-breaking phenomenon.
Easily one of the most anticipated games of the year and biggest releases in the entertainment industry, the GTA franchise is no stranger to the famed pages of Guinness World Records. Ever since the franchise released its first third-person game with Grand Theft Auto III, the series has been racking up record after record.
• First Full“Sandbox” Action-Adventure- GTA III
• Biggest Selling Game of 2001- GTA III
• Biggest Selling Game of 2002- GTA: Vice City
• Best-selling Playstation 2 game of all time- GTA: Vice City
• Best-selling PSP game of all time- GTA: Liberty City Stories
• Largest in-game soundtrack- GTA: San Andreas
• Largest Voice Cast in a video game- GTA: San Andreas
• Most Guest Stars In A Video Game Series- Grand Theft Auto Franchise
With fans counting down the hours to GTA IV’s debut, it will only be a matter of time until a new record is added to that impressive list.
For more information on these and other exciting video game records, pick up the inaugural, Guinness World Records: Gamer’s Edition 2008, on sale now.
For all media enquiries please contact Madalyn Bielfeld firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7891 4584
About Guinness World Records
Guinness World Records is the universally recognized authority on record-breaking achievement. First published in 1955, the annual Guinness World Records book is published in more than 100 countries and 20 languages and is one of the highest-selling books under copyright of all time with more than 3 million copies sold annually across the globe. Guinness World Records celebrated its 50th anniversary edition in 2004, a year after the sale of its 100 millionth copy. The Guinness World Records website ( www.guinnessworldrecords.com) receives more than 11 million visitors a year.