Uppsala, Sweden, February 2, 2010– Hansoft, the leading vendor of tools for agile and lean development, is now releasing Hansoft 6.0.
This new version of Hansoft contains a number of important improvements to simplify development complexity for the team, for QA and for the enterprise.
“Usability of tools like Hansoft really matters to the bottom line since it does not only make individuals more productive, but also makes the whole organization more efficient. In Hansoft 6.0 we have focused on improvements that further simplify development workxfor the team, for QA and for the enterprise,” said Hans Andersson, Chief Development Officer, Hansoft.
Hansoft is an integrated solution for agile and lean development, collaborative Gantt scheduling, real-time reporting, bug tracking / QA, workload coordination, and portfolio&document management. The tool is fast and easy and builds on principles of team empowerment, increased communication, transparency, and collaboration. Today, demanding teams in Asia, Australia, Europe and North America, are using Hansoft to become more efficient.
Hans continued:“In Hansoft 6.0 we have, for example, made the management of large backlogs and program management really powerful but still easy to use. Another example is the new active directory integration, using our SDK module, for team members to login to Hansoft via Windows. No more worries about forgotten passwords.”
New features in Hansoft 6.0:
Simplifying complexity for the Enterprise
- New prioritizing functionality merges the benefits of prioritizing categories with numbering, among other things. This new functionality makes prioritizing easier in large scale product backlogs that are, in effect, a backlog of backlogs. Program management becomes easier. Also, the everyday reprioritization in the sprint backlog is made more intuitive.
- Hide completed items in the product backlog makes the backlog more manageable.
- See Item status on task scheduling items (Not done or Completed) in the product backlog so it is easier to grasp overall state of the project or program, when using both Gantt scheduling and agile backlog items in the same backlog.
- Multi select users and add to resource groups and projects making enterprise user management easier.
- Enterprise license management enables user accounts to be shared across geographical locations, servers and databases.
- Many performance enhancements.
Simplifying complexity for the team
- Login to Hansoft via Windows (integration with Active Directory).
- History and task assignments can be saved for deleted users.
- Delegation and limited visibility to resource groups.
- Box selection in the time line view allows you to move multiple task scheduling items in the timeline view at once instead of one by one.
- Access items not fitting on a toolbar through a quick drop down. This has been a big issue when working on lap tops or smaller screens.
- Right aligned item descriptions, when they cannot fit into the column, makes them more readable, when for example having long user story descriptions or sub project paths.
- Undo or redo is not reset when someone else is editing in the project schedule or product backlog.
- Improved look and feel.
Simplifying complexity for QA
- Open items, tasks or bugs in a floating activity details window. Improves usability and workflows around Quality Assurance and working with multiple bugs or tasks at once.
- Redesign of how multiple comments windows works, making it more accessible and easier to find. Workflow status changes are now shown in the same window as comments, which improve the Quality Assurance process.
- The workflow now requires a new comment (since last workflow status change) instead of an existing comment. Vastly improves how the comment system adds to the bug and project workflows.
- Scrollbar for item settings in the activity details window improves usability and batch editing possibilities.
- Manage the link to task/item/bug column in an easier way through a drop down and seeing the bug or workflow status before each link.
Hansoft is an integrated solution for agile and lean development as well as collaborative Gantt scheduling, real-time reporting, bug tracking / QA, workload coordination, portfolio and document management, used by the most demanding software teams and game development studios in more than 20 countries worldwide. Hansoft does not only make team members and managers more productive in their everyday work, it also increases organizational productivity by enabling more efficient production methods and practices. Reduce your project risks with Hansoft, control your success.
Visit Hansoft’s newsroom for earlier press releases, articles, images and more information about Hansoft: www.hansoft.se/press-media
You can now also follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/hansoft
Marketing and PR Manager
Dir: +46 18 488 1011, Cell: +46 76 645 0937