13 May 2010
At Westminster Conference Centre on 24 May, a dream team of leading games and media executives - Ian Livingstone of Square Enix, Peter Edward of Sony Home, Matthew Jeffery of EA, Peter Bazalgette former VP of Endemol and Simon Nelson of BBC - hotly debate the challenges and opportunities of moving to an online distribution and monetisation model.
Following a market review from Ben Keen of Screen Digest, the executives will be debating the key issues of:
• Piracy: Opportunity or threat?
• Privacy: How much should we give up for free access and consumption?
• Future Skills: How is accreditation relevant in fast-changing digital industries?
and the take-aways will be answers to questions that include:
• which business models will prevail for online games and immersive social media?
• what shape will the supply chain have in 5 years?
• Where should regulation be imposed and where not?
• How is innovation linked to funding and valuation?
The panel includes : Peter Edward, Sony Home; Mike Rawlinson, ELSPA; Kim Bayley, Entertainment Retailers Assoc; Ben Keen, Screen Digest; Nicolas Lovell, Games Brief; Matthew Jeffery, EA; Ian Livingstone, Square Enix; Gina Fegan, South East Media Network; Richard Bartle, Essex University; Simon Nelson, Head Vision, BBC; Jonathan Davis, UK Film Council
The IMMERSION Forum&Showcase continues for the rest of the day, with key speakers presenting the latest buzz on: Geospatial Apps, Search, Virtual Worlds, MMOs, Facebook Games and Apps, Smartphone and Social Media Apps, Game-Changer Technologies - and a Business Workshop ... and it's all wrapped up with an exclusive evening networking party in Central London.
Speakers include: Peter Bazelgette, New Baz; Ian Livingstone, Square Enix; Peter Edward, Sony Home; Mike Rawlinson, ELSPA; Matthew Jeffery, EA; Kim Bayley, ERA; Gina Fegan, SEMN; James Bamford, Bing; Nick Mitham, KZero; Toby Beresford, Nudge; Tim Harrison, The Mobile Consultancy; Justin Bovington, Rivers Run Red; Ron Edwards, Ambient; David Burden, Daden; Ian Hughes, Feeding Edge.
Registration for the Forum - only£299 - www.immersion10.co.uk Very limited number of places available.
The networking party is separately bookable and open to all - only£29 - http://magicmixer.eventbrite.com
---- ENDS ----------
About IMMERSION Forum&Showcase
IMMERSION is 1 day action-packed event hosted by UK Trade&Investment at the Government's central London DTI/ BIS Conference Centre, focused on the business of Immersive Games&Social Media; including monetisation and funding.
From policy to strategy, application, monitisation and innovation of immersive games&social media, the annual IMMERSION Forum focuses on the current application and future of immersive&social media, EVERYWHERE: online, via smartphone and other devices - in games ... for broadcast media ... for brands ... and now for big business. Many questions are answered; including: What is the business and technical roadmap for immersive and social media and how can I make it work for me? How are virtual goods and microtransactions essential to my business model?
Sign up now for ground-breaking sessions, leading strategy, world-beating developer and commissioner speakers, exclusive networking. Not to be missed.
• Learn about the strategic and governance issues relating to Facebook, Bing, Google and other major platforms online
• Explore new revenue, funding&distribution models using social media for your business - includes microtransactions, freemium, virtual goods
• Understand the opportunities and risks of the Cloud and SAaS model
• Interact with the showcase of best applications and innovation tech around today
• Learn where to apply augmented reality, location-based and geospatial applications
• Learn about monetising Smartphone apps
Contact: Martine Parry, Apply Group - 0845 838 1989
IMMERSION Forum link: http://www.immersion10.co.uk