"Getting on Steam would mean a lot to us and would also mean that gamers still appreciate true Grand Strategy games," says Max Sprin, the game's lead developer and owner of Alina Digital, the company producing TCWE.
TCWE is a P2P RTS strategy game based on the epic conflict between the Americans and the Soviets spanning 1950 to 2000. Players can defeat opponents with military might, stealthy spies and advances in Space Race technology. The game currently offers these features:
- Play within a realistic atmosphere that recreates the true Cold War.
- Play as either the Americans or the Soviets to rewrite Cold War history.
- Install military units to prop up the local Allied government or transform rebels into revolutionaries in Opposing countries.
- Establish spy networks to support government propaganda campaigns or shake loose the Opposition's stronghold.
- Launch rockets, satellites and astronauts into space to shock and amaze the world and win their alliance.
- Devise your own strategies and tactics, forcing your opponent to play by your rules.
- Initiate pro-government parades or incite riots to plunge countries into chaos.
The game's trailer, screenshots and full description can be viewed on its Steam Greenlight page.